Post break up binge making me feel miserable. Help?

Options
I just broke up with my bf of 14 months yesterday and that gave my brain the permission to binge. I've had problems with binging for quite a while, but I learned to manage them to some extent. I can't stop eating no matter how full I am. I feel like it's a form of self destruction, meaning I kinda wouldn't mind having my stomach rupture if it meant less pain and suffering. I feel like hell both physically and mentally. This has extended into 2 days of binging. I don't want to continue this cycle. I know I'll fast for for 2 days and over exercise following this binge, but what if it's too late by then? What if my stomach does explode and I die before I get to the hospital? I feel hopeless and I lost all motivation to get back on the wagon. Help?

Replies

• icemom011
    icemom011 Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    Hey there! What do you like to do other than eating?
  • esandoval1986
    esandoval1986 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I've been there (girlfriend of 6 years) let me know if you need any advice it's tough I know but not the end of the world
  • Mersie1
    Mersie1 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Add me if you like. I'm currently
    In the process of saying the binge monster. My one immediate suggestion is absolutely postitively do not restrict or over exercise for the binge. It will keep you in the cycle. Your hunger hormones will out of whack for a bit. Eat, seriously, eat. I'm currently seeing a nutritionist who specializes in this and she guiding me away from the hell of bingeing. That all said/ I'm so sorry for the pain that your in. Loss sucks!!!!! My best to you!
  • brenn24179
    brenn24179 Posts: 2,144 Member
    Options
    you are so cute, there is more fish in the sea. Take care of yourself, say I am going to eat right and be hot for my next guy. That guy would love it if you gained weight and cried over him. No, you are going to look good and feel good in time.
  • mhealea
    mhealea Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    don't let this derail you!! I lost my girlfriend of 10 years, a year ago and it almost derailed me.. whenever I feel the urge to be bad, I turn that in to motivation to have a killer work out instead of eating or laying on the couch.. its not easy but you can do it. We are here for you.. feel free to add me to your friends list..