Staying On Track

Options
I'm just trying to stay under my maintenance calories at the minute, but I struggle to even do that. Today I am over by over 1000 cal. Does anyone have any tips for staying on track. Eventually I would like to build up my fitness or perhaps bring down my calories. If you think you can help me feel free to add me I would really appreciate the support.

Replies

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    Your diary is closed so nobody will be able to offer very specific help. Can you share what's keeping you from meeting your goal right now? Are you eating specific things that are too high in calories? Drinking alcohol? Being tempted by food when you're out?

What is your calorie goal?
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    Plan your eats and eat your plan.
  • shannon_hr
    shannon_hr Posts: 8 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Your diary is closed so nobody will be able to offer very specific help. Can you share what's keeping you from meeting your goal right now? Are you eating specific things that are too high in calories? Drinking alcohol? Being tempted by food when you're out?

I have just made it public, I'm new here so didn't realise it was private. I don't drink, so alcohol isn't the problem. I just keep giving in to the temptation of naughty foods.
  • shannon_hr
    shannon_hr Posts: 8 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    -
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    shannon_hr wrote: »

I have just made it public, I'm new here so didn't realise it was private. I don't drink, so alcohol isn't the problem. I just keep giving in to the temptation of naughty foods.

It looks like you're going over your calories because you're eating a high number of calorie-dense foods that aren't very filling for most people (500-calorie Starbucks drinks, candy, muffins). If you want to meet your calorie goal, you're going to have to eat fewer of these foods each day.

You can still have these things -- just not all in the same day. And you might want to choose smaller sizes (if you're craving a high calorie Starbucks drink, order the smallest one, for example).

• jandsstevenson887
    jandsstevenson887 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Pre-log your food, only eat what you pre-log, build in some treats, don't drink a ton of calories
  • jenngitch
    jenngitch Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    The first change I did..... Don't drink your calories! ex: soda, starbucks, etc....
  • Newl17
    Newl17 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi there, I found that eating high fibre foods such as brown bread, rice etc and protein such chicken and fish...
    keeps you full for longer so your less likely to crave sweet snacks. It works for me, maybe it will for you to.

All the best