OMG!! Not doing to great today

Options
angieseymour410
angieseymour410 Posts: 31 Member
Keep feeling soo hungry...i just dont av eny willpower today & just sat & ate a large dairy milk medley all to myself! What do all of u eat wen ur feeling down & hungry?

Replies

• Dr1nkbleachndye
    Dr1nkbleachndye Posts: 441 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Honestly, if its that bad. People are gonna give in. I have done it before, as have many other people on here. It happens. But you have to try your damndest (I tried to make that one fly through lol) to make sure it happens infrequently.

Theres gonna be days where you cant help it, but other days you have to just say screw u not today.

My best advice is if you do give in, try to do it slowly. If you have something in front of you like candy, or pretzels, or even a healthy snack like nuts or something, eat them slow. If you space it out long enough, you should be able to put them down without having ate too many whilst still feeling satisfied.
  • Pattycoy83
    Pattycoy83 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Slowly is a great suggestion! Also, drink water first. Always so hard but it really does help!
  • gfjazz
    gfjazz Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Yes it happens
    I usually feel committed because a couple of slips that weight you lost back on and have to work harder to relies
    I take one day and have a few treats.
  • Dr1nkbleachndye
    Options
    Pattycoy83 wrote: »
    Slowly is a great suggestion! Also, drink water first. Always so hard but it really does help!

Water is solid advice. Every time you get a craving, try to have a pint of water before you start eating. Couple patty's advice with mine and you will have barely ate anything!
  • angieseymour410
    angieseymour410 Posts: 31 Member
    Options

Thankyou all for your advice. I will try keeping to these suggestions. I always tend to binge eat wen im feeling down. I suffer with depression and have 4 children so im sure some of u parents understand where im coming from. I really need to lose weight as its affecting my health now, so i'll appreciate any advice from all x
  • Dr1nkbleachndye
    Options
    I don't have kids but I dont need to in order to appreciate how that can be stressful. You have a lot on your plate, but you are strong enough to deal with 4 children day in and day out, you are strong enough to avoid the binging atleast 3 out of 10 times.

It will make a difference in the spectrum of things, also, applying our advice when a binge crave comes on will help
  • ricktrill
    ricktrill Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I agree. Don't gorge, eat them slowly and savor it. I can't tell you how many times I've wanted to just go nuts (mmmmm, nuts) on some ice cream or any of my many favorite junk foods. It's best to just have something small and give yourself time to recoup. I hope it gets better for you1