very active vs counting exercise??

Options
2»

Replies

• Marycycles
    Marycycles Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    There's no such thing as "starvation mode." People who have been feed to little in wars and prisons in other parts of the world didn't get fat, they lost weight and sometimes died. If you eat too little, you'll be hungry and lethargic, but it won't prevent you from losing weight.

I have been anorexic and yes there is a starvation mode! When I first started MFP it kept telling me I was going into starvation mode, so I decided to trust it and ate a piece of pie and the next day I dropped 5lbs. I always count ALL my exceise calories. I lost 105lbs eating myself thin! Plus I put myself as active!
  • fit4itall
    fit4itall Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I know this isn't my post, but going along with what you guys are talking about...

I'm a stay at home mom 5 days a week, meaning in my feet quite a bit, cleaning chasing a toddler, carrying a toddler, etc. and work out everyday. Am I classified as lightly active?

SAHM here. I am set at lightly active and seem to be averaging 1.5lbs/week. I was previously set at Active, but personally found my calorie goal too high (wasn't losing as fast).
  • shamani5
    shamani5 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I am currently on a bike tour and bike for 5-8 hours a day. So I guess you could count it as my "job" or you could count it as exercise and put sedentary in my settings. Anyways, I'm getting a hr monitor so I can track my calorie burn from biking so I think I'll go with sedentary and eat back around half of my exercise. That sounds like the most accurate option to me.