Need some low fat recipes please!

Options
leialai
leialai Posts: 8
Hi there

newbie here, struggling to balance eating better and sticking to calorie goals, but even with smaller and healthier meals i seem to run out of grams of fat too quickly!

Any suggestions for low-fat recipes that will still fill me up and not completely depress me?!

Replies

• imfittted
    imfittted Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    A lot of recipes made with ground beef can be made with lean ground turkey instead (chili, tacos, burgers...) and are just as satisfying with less fat.
  • VegGrrl
    VegGrrl Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    www.fatfreevegan.com

Tons of tasty, healthy options. Little or no fat. :flowerforyou:
  • kriots
    kriots Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    my favorite: grilled chicken breast, use non fat cooking spray, like pam olive oil, top off with fat free cheese, i use 1/4 cup, add a tablespoon of your fav salsa, top with non fat sour cream! side dish steam veggies
  • Kminor67
    Kminor67 Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    There are several websites that you can go to for low fat recipes...skinnytaste.com, hungrygirl.com, allrecipes.com (and search for lowfat recipes), tasteofhome.com (click on the healthy tab), and foodnetwork.com (click on the healthy eating tab). Good luck!
  • helbohn
    helbohn Posts: 44
    Options
    www.skinnytaste.com

wonderful food blog.

if you're on facebook, become a fan and she also posts stuff on there too.

also cooking light magazine of facebook, posts several light recipes a day!!

i bought the recipe book "five fresh fast" from cooking light, and used it religiously back in feb and march and it helped spice up my kitchen and feed the whole family!!

good luck.

the possibilities are endless!!
  • leialai
    leialai Posts: 8
    Options
    thanks all! much appreciated :-)