Whether You Lose or Gain Weight Depends on Weekdays

Options
robingmurphy
robingmurphy Posts: 349 Member
edited May 2016 in Health and Weight Loss
Interesting study!
"Almost everyone loses weight on weekdays and gains weight on weekends. What separates the slim from the heavy isn’t how much more they gain on weekends. It’s how much they lose during the weekdays."
http://foodpsychology.cornell.edu/discoveries/weight-rhythms

Replies

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I don't have to read the link to know it's pretty much true in my experience, sadly, lol.
  • RespectTheKitty
    RespectTheKitty Posts: 1,667 Member
    Options
    I always see my biggest losses on Monday or Tuesday, which is, as we know, right after the weekend.

*shrug*
  • crabbybrianna
    crabbybrianna Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Hmm, I always lose more on the weekends. The weekdays are when my weight fluctuates up.
  • crabbybrianna
    crabbybrianna Posts: 344 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    double post
  • brb_2013
    brb_2013 Posts: 1,197 Member
    Options
    I fit the group that gains on weekends. I have more free time and more chances to go off plan. Makes sense.
  • rajushank84
    rajushank84 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    In my case, the article doesn't hold good. I don't tend to weigh more on weekdays or weekends, because I am steadily losing weight. Yes, there are minor fluctuations, but they are random as far as I can tell. As long as it consistently goes down, who cares right?
  • chimaerandi
    chimaerandi Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    My highest weight is always Monday morning and my lowest is usually Saturday morning. I bank for the weekends, too, so that's part of it, but yeah this makes perfect sense to me.
  • aubyshortcake
    aubyshortcake Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure what my weight gain or loss trends are, but I do tend to eat more on my days off, however those days are Monday and Wednesday so I guess this particular pattern wouldn't apply to me.