staying on track on the weekends.

Hi everyone!
I have been on my health and fitness journey for 7 weeks now. My start weight was 189lbs and I am now down to 171.4 lbs. I feel great and am loving this journey but I struggle to stay on track on the weekends. I usually dont workout Sat or Sun and have a hard time with eating healthy on the weekends. I could use any tips on how to keep up all my hard work all the time. Anything will help.

Replies

• llbrixon
    llbrixon Posts: 964 Member
    You could do maintenance or 1/2 pound weight loss on weekends
  • marty_smith
    marty_smith Posts: 102 Member
    edited May 2016
    Look, you're doing very well already. You have lost nearly 20 pounds??? Be proud of the progress you have done and committed to and enjoy the weekends for what they are. The other point is your weight loss each week is based on a 7 day average, so if you want you can allocate more calories to the weekend and cut 100 or 200 calories a day off what you're eating already, which usually accounts a snack. Its hard and i know a rough weekend can be demoralising especially if it leaks onto the monday with no exercise or something, but keep your head held high. This isn't a race, you have to be patient and enjoy yourself along the way with treat weekends?

I feel a million dollars today because i lost 3 pounds from the last time i weighed myself. That was TWO weeks ago. My point being if i weighed myself every monday like normal then i would have seen 1.5 pound loss say in that period and maybe felt "oh thats not that much" and now im considering weighing myself every fortnight so the number of pounds loss looks bigger haha. I thought i had a rubbish week aswell! Ive lost 30 pounds in total so far over 3 months and the progress i see now is much slower to when i started but its still going down even with horrendous weekends (one included an all you can eat buffet pizza hut and i literally ate two medium pizzas i think). how often do you weigh yourself out of interest?
  • MyFreakingNameIsScott
    MyFreakingNameIsScott Posts: 199 Member
    Ahhh...the weekends. I don't work out on weekends largely because I'm out of town two and sometimes three weekends a month for a large chunk of the year. It's insanely difficult and my eating habits are deplorable. The stress of those days usually keeps me from eating anything until the evening (whole other issue). To compound things, when I do finally eat it's restaurant food. Fried, greasy, fatty.... I do what I can in the hotel room to burn something, anything I can. Weekends may be my "days off" but really, I still do push-ups, or planks at a minimum on those days. I don't do a full blown workout but I do something on those days. I simply never record on weekends (except food).

You are doing fine! Having a momentary lapse is nothing to worry about. The struggle is real as they say and it's real with more people than you probably think. When my group faces a tough loss, I tell them to beat the he** out of the next practice. If you have a tough weekend, kill the week.
  • trinati2001
    trinati2001 Posts: 262 Member
    Weekends are hard for me as well. I have two kids and the weekend feels as full as a work day, with less structure. I try to make a plan, if possible. For example I'll decide what we are having for dinner and pretrack it. That way I can see how much I have for the lunch and snacks.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    It took me a couple of months to figure out the weekend as well. An advantage I have is that I don't drink alcohol so I don't have to deal with either that or oops too much of that. Since weekends are where I usually do restaurants, the struggle was with the restaurant menu. Since weekends are also where I am in my house with all the food, the struggle was also with the home. The way I learned to solve the home issue was to get a good breakfast. That gave me satiety for several hours and never got me to craving stuff. The way I learned to solve the restaurant issue was to just get the darned salad, no meat no dressing, and complete my nutrition with my supplies at my house when I get home. It happens this way because my Mrs. neither cooks nor cares for good nutrition, but she does like to get out of the house some times.