Shakeology

Options
krst1888
krst1888 Posts: 9 Member
Shakeology verses bariatric advantage meal replacement shakes and why?

Replies

• owlisn
    owlisn Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    If you are looking for a bariatric shake, I love Celebrate and Unjury best. I hate protein shakes but love the Bananaberry Celebrate ones.
  • krst1888
    krst1888 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Thank, I have tried a couple that are just terrible, trying to find something that is both filling and has some nutritional factors to it... and I agree about Shakeology, but wanted to ask cause I tend to be a skeptic and my sister-in-law swears by it.. really wanted others opinions before going there :)
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Don't buy the Shakeology, they will want you to sell it for them.
  • bpetrosky
    bpetrosky Posts: 3,911 Member
    Options
    Shakeology: expensive subpar shakes sold via high-pressure MLM
    Bariatric Advantage: expensive shakes sold by site geared towards people preparing for weight loss surgery

Personally, I'd choose neither unless I was preparing for the WLS, and only if the doctor advised it.

#neverShakeology
  • MelaniaTrump
    MelaniaTrump Posts: 2,694 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Slow computer today - repeat.
  • MelaniaTrump
    MelaniaTrump Posts: 2,694 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Repeat - sorry.
  • DanSTL82
    DanSTL82 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Why are you interested in shakes to begin with? They are good for people working out and wanting to hit protein goals that are hard to get from food, but if you're not doing that, you might as well eat your calories instead of drinking them.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    neither
  • pcsd203
    pcsd203 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I personally love the Shakeology and I could care less if I sell any. No one has pushed me or tried to get me to sell any. The friend of mine that has been using it for 2 years is a "coach" but did it for the discounts. I am the first person that ever bought "under" her. She is like me... don't care about the mlm part of it. I spent a ton of $ on shakes, GNC versions, protein powders, tasted like crap, high in sugar, high in caffeine, etc. I was a skeptic so it was literally one of the last ones I tried. A friend of mine gave me a few packets to try. Then I ordered the sampler. For me, it cut my snack cravings big time. I love chocolate. I drink my shake in the morning and very rarely have the chocolate cravings. For me, its just been a big part of my motivation the last month. If you can get yourself on a healthy meal plan without a shake, go for it. They help me stay on track and after several months of trying a few, shakeology won for me. Idealplus was a close second but I just still seemed to be hungry afterwards sometimes. Good luck krst1888! Hope you find what works for you.
  • queenliz99
    Options
    pcsd203 wrote: »
    I personally love the Shakeology and I could care less if I sell any. No one has pushed me or tried to get me to sell any. The friend of mine that has been using it for 2 years is a "coach" but did it for the discounts. I am the first person that ever bought "under" her. She is like me... don't care about the mlm part of it. I spent a ton of $ on shakes, GNC versions, protein powders, tasted like crap, high in sugar, high in caffeine, etc. I was a skeptic so it was literally one of the last ones I tried. A friend of mine gave me a few packets to try. Then I ordered the sampler. For me, it cut my snack cravings big time. I love chocolate. I drink my shake in the morning and very rarely have the chocolate cravings. For me, its just been a big part of my motivation the last month. If you can get yourself on a healthy meal plan without a shake, go for it. They help me stay on track and after several months of trying a few, shakeology won for me. Idealplus was a close second but I just still seemed to be hungry afterwards sometimes. Good luck krst1888! Hope you find what works for you.

I guess you will drinking this stuff for the rest of your life. That sort of sucks. I guess you would have to sell it to get a discount because this kitten is garbage.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    I like Shakeology. I don't sell it & have never been asked to. That it is part of MLM does not make the product itself bad. It has lots of high nutrient ingredients.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    lorrpb wrote: »
    I like Shakeology. I don't sell it & have never been asked to. That it is part of MLM does not make the product itself bad. It has lots of high nutrient ingredients.

You can get those nutrients elsewhere, for less
  • brutiibruti
    brutiibruti Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Shakeology is a pyramid scheme with no magic properties.

It's not a pyramid scheme, but even if it was, would it matter if it worked for u? What works for one person might not work for another, but does it really matter?
  • queenliz99
    Options

It's not a pyramid scheme, but even if it was, would it matter if it worked for u? What works for one person might not work for another, but does it really matter?

Because it's a pyramid scheme, first and foremost! Dishonest to the very core. Why would anyone want to support this business?
  • ASKyle
    ASKyle Posts: 1,475 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options

It is a pyramid scheme. There's no denying that one.

It's overpriced crap. There are much better options out there. Lower carb, higher protein, less sugar, less cost. Pop a vitamin and you're good to go.

People are so quick to attribute their success to this junk, instead of giving themselves credit for their hard work. It's not the shake that's making anyone thin, buff, energized, etc.
  • dewd2
    dewd2 Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    ASKyle wrote: »

It is a pyramid scheme. There's no denying that one.

It's overpriced crap. There are much better options out there. Lower carb, higher protein, less sugar, less cost. Pop a vitamin and you're good to go.

People Coaches (aka sales people) are so quick to attribute their success to this junk, instead of giving themselves credit for their hard work. It's not the shake that's making anyone thin, buff, energized, etc.

Fixed it for you. :)
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    There are cheaper alternatives out there. Shakeology is really overpriced for what it is.

I posted this in another thread but I'll post it here as well:
    Just did a quick comparison of what I use and shakeology. This is what I came up with:

Chocolate Shakeology (picked it cause the stuff I use is chocolate):
    $129.95 for 1260 grams
    42 grams a serving/30 servings per bag
    Macros and calories per 100 grams:
    381 calories (160 per serving)
    4.76 g Fat (2 per serving)
    40.46 g carb (17 per serving)
    40.46 g Protein (17 per serving)

Fitmiss Delight Complete Protein Chocolate
    $28.98$26.99 for 889.2 grams
    24.7 grams a serving/32 servings per container
    Macros/Calories per 100 grams:
    365 calories (90 per serving)
    6.07 g fat (1.5 g per serving)
    16.19 g carb (4 g per serving)
    64.76 g protein (16 g per serving)
    it has some micros as well, but not to the level of shakeology. Fitmiss also has a multi though which closes the micro nutrient gap. It's $18.87$19.50. That's $47.85 $46.49 a month. $1.60$1.50 per serving
    I don't see the value in shakeology.
    red text is current amazon prices

I also like EAS AdvantEDGE. The vanilla reminds me of melted vanilla ice cream. It's $17.99 on Amazon or $17.09 if you subscribe to shipments of it.

Now I only used the Fitmiss multivitamin for one month. I compared the label to what I typically buy from walmart and it's pretty much the same thing. I typically get One Source Women's vitamin from Walmart and it's about $5-6. When they are sold out, then I buy vitafusion gummies (not the greatest vitamin, but I don't mind the taste and not having to swallow a pill is a nice change of pace). So depending on which protein powder I want to buy I'm usually spending $1.10 or less per serving.
  • BinaryFu
    BinaryFu Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Make. Your. Own.

Pick a powder, get a liquid multi-vitamin, find some frozen fruit (for flavor, half a serving is plenty) and add milk or ice + water, your choice.

I've tried EAS Lean15 Vanilla Creme which has an excellent flavor. Other than that, I've stuck with mainly no flavor added, non-GMO soy powders.