Struggling to stay on track...

Options
What do all of you do to get through a diet "funk"? I've lost over 40lbs but have a long road ahead of me. Any tips on how to not become bored and to keep moving ahead?

Replies

• healthyfoodie_4life
    healthyfoodie_4life Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    This has also been my problem in the past. I am back for the 3rd time, and I am hoping this time I will stick to it. I am hoping someone out there has the answer we are looking for..
  • teach200508
    teach200508 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I am in the same boat! I only have 15 more to lose but I have been on a binge for two days! I ate like 2800 calories today and my goal is just a little over 1400. I have been doing so well and have consistently lost 1 pound a week but I over ate last week and gained about a pound back. :(
  • dmj730
    dmj730 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I too am searching for the answers! I'm back for the third time and I truly want to make it stick. I want, I need to get it together. I need to get healthy and stay healthy for my son! I'm hoping that will be the motivation I need!
  • kirstinethornburg
    kirstinethornburg Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Variety in meals and exercise change your routine from time to time
  • DearestWinter
    DearestWinter Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    I recommend sitting down and looking at your goals and strategies for achieving them. See what changes you can make to keep things interesting without sacrificing the final result. For example, instead of walking on a treadmill go on hikes. Add different foods to your diet. Instead of logging food on MFP before each meal consider logging at the beginning of the day and then revising at night. Start a new health related habit for yourself, like stretching daily. Set a new goal, like running a 5K. Basically make changes and take on challenges that will keep this journey interesting.
  • ml1972bass
    ml1972bass Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am struggling to get back on track. I had lost 40 pounds then got sick and was put on mess that I gained 20 back from. Now I'm trying to pick up where I left off. How do people get over the hump?
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    I have found that having multiple goals is key. Not only calories & pounds. New recipes. New foods. Measurements, progress pics. Fitness--upping weights, new exercises, steps, running, etc. Fitness progress keeps me motivated in the kitchen because yes, weight loss is kind of boring & frustrating. This approach has worked for nearly 2 years & 140 lbs lost. 12 lbs left to goal.
  • samchez0
    samchez0 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    I've lost almost 30 lbs and have been doing horribly these past 2 to 3 weeks. Today was a good day so I'm hoping it's the beginning of getting back into good habits. I think sometimes motivation just ebbs and flows and that's ok. Maybe focus on what got you started in the first place.
  • treehugnmama
    treehugnmama Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    Change things us..this happens to me to in the past...jave relost same 50 pounds. Change your exercise try some new foods. Remember all tje reasons you seared your journey and look at what is making you struggle...are you in a foot rut? Time crunch. ....life busy and see ways to overcome.l those struggles for the rest of the week. Good luck....I know it is hard to get that back....maybe pull out a picture of think over something you couldn't do when you were 40 pounds heavier.
  • elowynip
    elowynip Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I find that mixing things up help, like not doing the same exercises and food choices. Keeping a food journal has helped me tremendously because it includes how I was feeling before I ate, and if I had any triggers to over eat. With exercise I try to do different things like zumba or belly dancing (even dance central) so I won't get bored.I tend to get bored pretty easily Find a good accountability partner, someone who will encourage and motivate you when you need it...whatever you do, don't beat yourself up! We all have those days that aren't up to par, but just dust yourself off and keep on moving.
  • cgvet37
    cgvet37 Posts: 1,189 Member
    Options
    I don't deprive myself. I still have soda on occasion, and some meals I eat what I want, and don't worry about it. I normally save that for the weekend. I believe nothing is bad in moderation.