Join the Diamond Challenge! [Accepting New Members]

Options
[Important note: There is a THREE step sign-up process listed below. Be sure to follow the THREE steps!]

Hi Diamonds!

We are currently seeking anyone interested in "buddying up" for a weight loss challenge that ends on July 15th. The goal is to stick to our diet and exercise goals with a partner. The Diamonds Challenge: Round 3 is a REAL commitment, so if you cannot support your partner each and every day, this is NOT the group for you! We expect ACTIVE involvement. Unless you request otherwise, I will select your partner. Please note that if you register but are not matched for this round, you will automatically be placed at the top of the list for Round 4.

If you are familiar with the earlier version of the challenge you should know that there are some changes!

You are partnered with your buddy, but you are also a member of a division--Diamonds in the Rough or DiamondDolls. Further, each division is broken into three color teams. Each week the team that loses the most will get bragging rights and the opportunity to add a digital trophy to their signature. We will also continue to celebrate individual victories.

There are ten members on each team and a total of 60 members in the Diamonds Challenge League.

Expectations:

1. Check in with your buddy every day via MESSAGING (not just on forums)
2. Check your division thread regularly
3. Say as much as possible when writing to your buddy and when writing on the forum
4. Post the Question of the Day on your assigned day**
5. Use your team logo in your signature.
6. Submit your weekly loss or gain.

Unfortunately, each round we have to remove a few participants who fail to adhere to these guidelines... don't let that be you!

So, how do you sign up? There are three easy steps!

1. Reply to this thread with your name AND reason for joining The Diamonds Challenge.

2. Follow this link and complete the registration form :

https://spreadsheets.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?hl=en_US&authkey=CJyH9_8P&formkey=dG9XQlYzeUxSUjhqeGxtbzZZRzlELUE6MQ#gid=0

3. Carefully read the The Diamonds Challenge rules and FAQ:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1XJajeMo3vO2P_uT3G2GPrOE0GDXKSzZ70UMAfCe5x6M/edit?hl=en

My Response:

My name is Jamaica, and I am excited about the start of Round 3 of the Diamonds Challenge! This challenge has grown so much in the past fourteen weeks, and I am eager to continue with my wonderful ladies. I hope that you all will enjoy this challenge as much as we do!

Keep Shining!
Jamaica

Replies

• GemUK84
    GemUK84 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Hi,

Name: Gemma
    SW: 218.5
    CW: 195
    GW: 156 (initially then plan on re-assessing)

I'm interested in joining the Diamond Challenge as i seem to have reached a bit of a cross roads in my weight loss, i need to step up my exercise now and start trying to improve my diet instead of just cutting down the calories.
    Also want to have someone in a similar situation to support and get support from :-)

Gem xx
  • hwilliams519
    hwilliams519 Posts: 428
    Options
    Hi my name is Heather and I'm excited to join the Diamond Challenge! I have been struggling with the same few pounds since I returned to MFP earlier this year. I think what I am lacking at this point, is structure and accountability. And I am looking foward to starting something new!
  • lucywhatford
    lucywhatford Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Hi my name is Lucy, I would really like to be part of a group and it gives me a closer challenge than my Goal Weight to work towards! I love having a routine!!
  • ellisor1230
    Options
    Hi! My name is Amber. I was doing very well with my weight loss until a month ago. I lost my motivation. My hubby was working out with me, and then he injured his back. I want that back. I need someone to give me a kick everyday and help hold me accountable. I am currently at 222.2lbs, and want to reach 150lbs by the end of my journey. :flowerforyou:
  • Adynata
    Adynata Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Hey, my name is Collette. I've really wanted to try out one of the challenges on this site and this one seems pretty appealing to me. I've just broken a one month plateau and really want to keep things rolling, and would love a partner to help me push through.
  • tsrsd4
    tsrsd4 Posts: 12
    Options
    Hello! I am Elizabeth. I am not new to losing weight, last year around this time I lost about 15 pounds after becoming a vegetarian. Recently, I have gained this weight back due to overeating and under exercising over the winter. Now, I am back and ready to lose even more than before. I would love to join the Diamond Challenge so that I can have a friend on MFP to help me control my calories and encourage me to exercise. Before, I was only using this site to track my calories, but now I want to feel involved and motivated by other users as well as participate in fun challenges!
  • DiamondsInTheRough
    Options
    Hi Gemma, Heather, Lucy, Amber, Collette, Elizabeth! Thanks for registering with us!

My co-captain, Chase (head of the DiamondDolls) will be contacting some of you soon. I know that there are some open spots on her team. If you don't make it into this round, you are DEFINITELY going to be a part of Round 4... which starts in just two weeks.

Happy Slimming

Jamaica
    The Diamond Challenge
    Diamonds in the Rough
  • ravenclawseekergirl
    ravenclawseekergirl Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Hi my name's Rebecca and i'm really interested in this challenge. At the moment i'm finding it reallly hard to overcome my emotional eating so having someone that could help to support me through this would be amazing. I also love helping to support and motivate others.
  • hwilliams519
    hwilliams519 Posts: 428
    Options
    Thanks Jamaica! I'll be looking forward to it!
  • miss_jamaica
    miss_jamaica Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    Welcome Rebecca!
  • ellisor1230
    Options
    Thanks Jamaica! I'm excited to get started again! I've been back on my diet for 2 days, and I've already dropped 1.8lbs!
  • Adynata
    Adynata Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Heya, will you be contacting people if they've not made it in to this round? Thanks =].
  • miss_jamaica
    miss_jamaica Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    Heya, will you be contacting people if they've not made it in to this round? Thanks =].

Hey Girlie. The other team leader is making the contacts. If you don't hear from her by Monday then you should anticipate being on the list for Round 4. It starts in two weeks :-)
  • Aprilstar480
    Aprilstar480 Posts: 2,910 Member
    Options
    I might be too late for this round but I just heard about you guys. I'm in a different challenge right now and I'm loving it. I've lost 10 already so I think joining another would be awesome for my weight loss. Hope to hear from you soon. If I am too late please keep me posted as to when the next round will start.. Thank you:bigsmile: