Need help from females that have lost 150+ lbs

Options
I need help from women that have lost a large amount of weight or are in the process of doing it successfully,

I am over 200lbs overweight and trying to lose weight , I just need help with my foods.

I am about to start the idealshape and they sent me some info but their info doesn't cover morbidly obese women

I really need help, just if it is looking at my diary daily and letting me know if I am eating the right things

It has been hard, my husband will only go so far with the eating right so I may just need to eat separately from him

Any help is appreciated

Thanks so much

Anyone is welcome to add me

Replies

• Stacylynn1977
    Stacylynn1977 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Makes total sense thank you so much

My legs and back hurt if I stand for more than a couple minutes so I do not excercise much at all, I have put
    Myself at 1800 calories right now to see how I do for a couple of weeks

I know I need to start exercising and just deal with the pain
  • afatpersonwholikesfood
    afatpersonwholikesfood Posts: 577 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Makes total sense thank you so much

My legs and back hurt if I stand for more than a couple minutes so I do not excercise much at all, I have put
    Myself at 1800 calories right now to see how I do for a couple of weeks

I know I need to start exercising and just deal with the pain

When you entered your stats into MFP, is 1800 the goal that it gave you? You may be able to eat more than that.

As for exercise, it's important for health and it's been shown to be important to maintenance, but weight loss doesn't require it. When you're ready, start slowly. I started with 10 minutes at a time.

Another edit to add: You don't have to stand to exercise, either. Do a Google search for chair workouts if you'd like.
  • Stacylynn1977
    Options
    MFP suggested I eat 2400 calories , I was not losing anything eating that much, my doctor told me 1800 was a good number , so I am trying it out

I have done this so many times before it should be easy , but it seems so much harder this time
  • afatpersonwholikesfood
    Options
    MFP suggested I eat 2400 calories , I was not losing anything eating that much, my doctor told me 1800 was a good number , so I am trying it out

I have done this so many times before it should be easy , but it seems so much harder this time

If you weigh and log as accurately as you can (there's a sticky thread about logging somewhere, I think), you may find that 2,400 leads to losing. If you feel comfortable with 1,800, then that may be okay as well.

Just for reference, I'm currently 219 pounds/5'10"/30 (lost 170+ so far), active, and I eat an average of 1,800 or so to lose 2 pounds per week. Some days, with exercise added in, I eat beyond 2,000 calories.
  • xCyanideGirlx
    xCyanideGirlx Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I have like 140 pounds to lose so im right there with ya :/
  • meganjcallaghan
    meganjcallaghan Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    just keep it up and add in whatever exercises are safe and aren't going to cause you more damage than help as you can....once you get used to it and it becomes a habit it will get a lot easier. Depending on whether or not you find you actually really like whatever you choose to do (enough to do a lot of it), you might find you get to eat any and everything you could possibly want. lol....I run at least 20km almost every day between running to and from work and on my lunch break, so I'm kicking around at least 3000 calories every day
  • dotsgal1
    dotsgal1 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Take it one pound at a time!
  • DanSTL82
    DanSTL82 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    For weight loss, it doesn't matter what you eat. It only matters how much you eat. Calorie-wise.

For general health, your typical healthy foods (lean meats, veggies, good fats) are needed. But for weight loss, focus on your calorie count above all else; that's what matters.
  • Stacylynn1977
    Options
    Thanks for the advice everyone!!! You have all pretty much said the same things, I need to just focus on my calories for now, so I will do that and see how it goes :)
  • calichiro
    calichiro Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Check out the podcast "Half Size Me." The host lost 170+ pounds, and her entire focus is "how do you maintain it?" I've found it extremely motivating, even with a small amount to lose. If she can do it, anyone can!
  • afatpersonwholikesfood
    Options
    calichiro wrote: »
    Check out the podcast "Half Size Me." The host lost 170+ pounds, and her entire focus is "how do you maintain it?" I've found it extremely motivating, even with a small amount to lose. If she can do it, anyone can!

Sounds neat. Will check it out.
  • 42firm03
    42firm03 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    calichiro wrote: »

Seconded. Focusing on changing habits in ways that stick matters more than anything else. I'm down 80 with 40 more to go, at least. This is not my first rodeo, This time it works and keeps on working because nothing I've done is a temporary fix.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    We each need to try different things to find the food that keeps us satisfied emotionally & physically while meeting our calorie goals. And that will change over time. I agree about the importance of exercise for your health and well being. 2 years ago I could not walk more than 1/4 mile without excruciating pain, could barely get up from my chair, and couldn't stand for more than a few minutes. I started off walking however far I could walk and light strength training. Now I just completed Couch to 5k running program 5 days before my 61st birthday and run 30-40 minutes 2-3 x week, plus fitness classes and walking 4-5 miles a day. I don't really feel like I'm talking about "me" when I say these things because it is so unbelievable.
    SW 301
    CW 161
    GW 150
    23 months
    My Newspaper Article Feature:
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10347057/my-success-story-made-the-front-page-of-the-newspaper?new=1
  • kristieshannon
    kristieshannon Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I agree with what's been said here. I'll add, start making changes slowly. Pick a goal, work on it until it feelings comfortable, then add another. For example, this week start using a scale to weigh your food, commit to logging everything. Once you've got that down start working on making a healthy change or two here and there with what you're eating-such as adding I more fruits & veggies, swapping out water for beverages with calories. After you've got that down get a step tracker. Wear it for a week just to see what your daily average is. The next week try increasing your steps by just a bit each day. Small changes over time will add up to big changes! I started with over 100 to lose, I'm down 30 so far. Nothing extreme for me, just keeping my intake within my goal and increasing the amount I move.
  • RredSonja
    RredSonja Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    I think it's ok to eat separately from your partner, if that's what works. I think anything that works FOR YOU is just fine. The hard part is finding out what does work for you. Keeping to a calorie goal day after day, week after week, and (for us!) month after month, and year after year means ignoring with a passion the stuff that doesn't work for you. Read everything. Research everything. Think back to what you were eating and how you were eating when you were at your healthiest weight. Look back at why past diets failed - HUGE lessons there.