My Scale Won't Budge!

Options
I always walk 3-5 miles or more everyday. I have started using portion control for a week now, healthy eating as well,and very seldom have sweets. I always weigh in on Monday's. This week I only lost 4 ounces. I expected at least 1 pound weight loss in a week. Any suggestions for a greater weight loss?

Replies

• ElJefePerron
    ElJefePerron Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    You'll be asked a few clarifying questions by people wanting to help you. The biggest one is, "by portion control, are you weighing food using a scale?"

Also, are you logging everything? The walking will help your general health and fitness, but the weight loss is based on CICO.

Good luck
  • positivepowers
    positivepowers Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    tv3mTVK.jpg
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    You'll be asked a few clarifying questions by people wanting to help you. The biggest one is, "by portion control, are you weighing food using a scale?"

Also, are you logging everything? The walking will help your general health and fitness, but the weight loss is based on CICO.

Good luck

The OP's diary is open if you're curious. It might help answer some of your questions.
  • emdeesea
    emdeesea Posts: 1,823 Member
    Options
    You gotta start logging your calories. That's the only way to be sure that you're in a deficit.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options

Good luck

The OP's diary is open if you're curious. It might help answer some of your questions.

Her diary has only 1/2 a day logged..
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options

Good luck

Her diary has only 1/2 a day logged..

And one day back around May 5. The fact that it was mostly empty answered a lot of @ElJefePerron's questions for me. Did it not for you?
  • heart4sole
    heart4sole Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    When measuring my food portions, I use a measuring cup, or go by the portion size on the package. Also, I just started logging my foods. Thanks everyone,for the advice.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    The first thing I'd do is invest in a food scale

https://youtu.be/JVjWPclrWVY
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
    heart4sole wrote: »
    I did not realize the difference in calories using the measuring cups and using a food scale. I thought I was doing the right thing. Thanks for the info. I definitely need to get a food scale.

yaaay :smiley: Plus you'll save on all the washing up of those cups and spoons :+1:

Yep! It's so much easier. Weigh, rare, weigh, tare. No washing needed!