Starting over again

Options
This time last year I was making progress. Then for some reason I just quit. I gained most of the weight I had lost back and now I'm having to start over. I'm really disappointed in myself. Its hard to set a time to exercise since my work hours varies. I'm also an emotional eater and my work is stressful so I find myself going overboard. Any tips would be appreciated.

Replies

• heart4sole
    heart4sole Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I am starting over as well. I exercise well, but needed to work on portion control. If you can find 30 minutes a day(You can even split this into 15 minute intervals)if you need to,this would be a start.Hopefully, later you can work out some kind of schedule. A little exercise is better than none. Also, when you are stressed and want to eat, try to have healthy snacks available. Fruits ,sugar free jello, popcorn etc. Good Luck : )
  • roseml6792
    roseml6792 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Thanks
  • dlkfox
    dlkfox Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    The stressful job is a hard one to manage while dieting. You are going to have to plan and it is going to take a lot of willpower. But you can do it. Again, it will take planning. Stock up the office with good snacks and freezer meals. Stock up home with go-to meals when you are tired and stressed out. The thing is, you lost the weight before, you can do it again. You can keep it off, too. You'll just have to continue planning and paying attention.
  • centermom71
    centermom71 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I am starting over again - it is easy to get caught up in disappointment but that isn't productive. Just accept where you are and move forward. Remind yourself that you did it once and you can do it again - at least that is what I keep telling myself.
  • roseml6792
    roseml6792 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Thanks y'all!
  • brb_2013
    brb_2013 Posts: 1,197 Member
    Options
    You know how to lose weight. Put aside guilt and regret, it serves no constructive purpose.

Move forward. It's a new day. Best of luck!

So easily said, not easy to do! But it's true, I have been holding on to so much negativity from regaining 40-50lbs after losing 100. It has brought me to tears too many times to count. That pain and regret does nothing to encourage me, it only drags me down into nothingness and inaction.

I suggest to you what I did, just start logging. Set to maintenance and get into the habit of weighing and finding accurate entries, and log whatever it is you eat. Then as you build those habits, begin to decide where to make your first change. Whatever it is, pick a dietary rule to follow. Maybe you want to cut 200 calories a day to start, maybe you want to ensure you have a less carb heavy dinner (my first change). You can't undo the weight gain but you CAN lose it again and do better for yourself this time.

I struggle with the guilt daily but I'm deciding not to let it run my life. I'm done with guilt. I'm ready for action.