52, forty pounds gone and lifting weights!

Options
Hello, my name is Alicia, and I am 52 years young. I was always on the thin side, but after going through menopause the weight piled up without even noticing it. When my always low blood pressure started to go up, is when I realized something had to be done.
I was lucky and I found an awesome online fitness and weight loss support group that helped me to loose weight.
Now, 40 pounds lighter and close to my goal weight, I have found how much I like to lift weights an I am having a blast!. I would encouraged all the ladies to try it, it is priceless the face people make when you tell them you lift weights and the benefits for your overall health are immense.
My transformation picture is on my profile.
Thanks for reading!!

Replies

• nevertoooldtodoit
    nevertoooldtodoit Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Hi you and Pam both look great. Did either of you follow a specific program and how long have you been lifting?
  • Pam_1965
    Pam_1965 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I just count calories with MFP. I do my own weight lifting at home with 10 pound weights for arms, leg lifts, and sit-ups. I walk more than the weight lifting, but I have seen a huge difference in my arms because of the weights. All other improvements are really from calorie counting and losing fat. I walk a lot (5.5 miles a day), and am starting to run part of the time.

• RoseTheWarrior
    RoseTheWarrior Posts: 2,035 Member
    Options
    Great job!! Lifting is awesome, I agree 100%. Females get the best bodies through lifting :blush:
  • modmom1
    modmom1 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Way to go Alicia and Pam!! I'm 46 and am also completely changing my body through weight lifting. I've had a lifetime of weight struggles and I've had enough of that.
    I agree with you too Rose, lifting does amazing things to the female body
  • aliciapastorlecha
    aliciapastorlecha Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I have been counting my calories with my fitness pal. I eat 1600 calories a day. I do what is call, flexible dieting, that it is basically eating all types of food as long as they fit in your calories and macros (40% protein, 30% carbs, 20% fat).
    I have been lifting for a while, I did Body Beast (love that program) that is a body building program, ladies, don't panic, you won't bulk up. I also do powerlifting, but maybe one-2 times a week.
  • becky10rp
    becky10rp Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    Way to go, Alicia! I just turned 50 - I lost 25 lbs 3 years ago with the help of MFP. Weights are so important for women - gives us strong bones, decreases our chances of Osteoporosis. Keep up the great work!
  • Reni421
    Reni421 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Just turned 51 and just starting *again*. Great to see success at our stage. Very inspirational!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!