McDonalds

Options
Ok, generally speaking my diet is OK.
I have fruits and vegies,generally stay away from prcessed food etc.......

Well today I had a deli sweet chilli chicken from McDonalds (no mayo) and boy did I enjoy it!!!!!!!
However, a couple of hours later it felt like I had a lead weight in my stomach! Not a pleasant feeling :sad:

Never experienced this before (whilst on lifestyle change) and I just needed to share!

Replies

• RNewton4269
    RNewton4269 Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    Yeah same thing happens to me. I can't eat a lot of fast food now after eating healthy for so long. Thanks for sharing!

Good luck....
  • Sherri0706
    Sherri0706 Posts: 64
    Options
    Yep, it happens to me too. I haven't eaten at McDonalds for a year and a half, but other restaurant foods will have that effect on me. It's my bodies way of asking me what the heck do I think I'm doing?? lol.
  • rmsrws
    rmsrws Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    If I eat fast food now......I feel bloated and just plain icky!!! I was told by a nutritionist that there are trace amounts of butane (lighter fluid) on the chicken Mcnuggets it is used a preservative to help with freezer burn during shipping. YUK!! So when I want Mickey D's I just think of lighter fluid and it usually cures the urge!!
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,239 Member
    Options
    That apparently happens to some people. It doesn't happen to me which since I like in Canada and most of those who post this effect are in the USA, is either an indication the Canadian McD's have better food, or this is something that only effects some people, or certain McD's produce better food than others due to various possible factors.
  • cha36jennings
    cha36jennings Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    thanks for sharing!
    I'm def staying away from places like that from now on!

Especially with the butane comment .....eek!
  • stepha1013
    stepha1013 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Ew about the butane. I will definitely think twice before getting my daughter a McNugget meal :-(~

This happens to me as well when I make bad choices in eating out. Hope you feel better.