Think i might need to eat more

Options
I'm 30 years old 4 foot 11 and currently weigh 127 pounds. I'm trying to get down to 110. I also have an underactive thyroid that hasn't ever been properly controlled and am looking into this with my doctor. We have started back at the lowest dose and are working up to hopefully find the right level. As such my underactive thyroid is currently being under treated until my next hospital appointment.

I have majorly overhauled my diet and I'm looking on this as a lifestyle change. I'm never hungry but when I enter everything into mfp most days I'm averaging 900 calories. I'm not in a rush to lose weight I want to do this properly so was wondering if I should try up my intake even though I'm not hungry. A typical day would be as follows

Drinks 6 glasses of water coffee no sugar if at work

Breakfast - porridge made with water and splash of skimmed milk added seeds

Snack - small cup of fruit kiwi orange apple, blueberries

Lunch - lettuce, tomatoes, nuts, egg no dressing

Snack - nuts or yoghurt

Dinner - fish with broccoli, chicken breast sweet potatoes And veg, chicken noodles with veg

Any suggestions on how to improve this would be appreciated

Replies

• Jay43dc
    Jay43dc Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    If you are exercising as well this seems to be a very low calorie intake. Why not try adding a small extra to both breakfast and lunch to get over the 1000.
  • sonyadilworth
    sonyadilworth Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    My exercise is limited to walking 30 mins home from work at the moment due to busy schedule so nothing overly strenuous. I have added fruit to my porrige today.I'm tracking what I'm eating but not attempting to cut calories I have just switched to healthier food And am finding I'm full on a lot less I guess it's more nutritious than what I had gotten into a habit of eating. I was surprised at the low calorie intake myseld
  • Maxematics
    Maxematics Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    Unless you use a food scale, your 900 calorie count is not guaranteed; you could be eating more or even less than that. However, many people new to the site have that honeymoon period where they feel full eating a lot less than usual. Eventually it will pass and if your body is not being nourished properly, it will let you know through various signs.