Healthy Packed Lunches

Options
2»

Replies

• vxCricketxv
    vxCricketxv Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I usually prepare a salad with left over grilled chicken, or a veggie burger with a high protein or fiber english muffin with 1/4 of a avocado + salsa. For a decent pasta option, I buy the Mrs. T's pierogies- 3 for 130 cal with steamed veggies (and hot sauce!) is very filling. Even doubled, it's a satisfying meal without too much guilt :)
  • alyssa_rest
    alyssa_rest Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    With no refrigerator or microwave, you're a little limited. Canned chicken, tuna, salmon, etc would be good as they do not need to be cold or heated. You could throw together a salad as long as you use an olive oil based dressing that would not need to be kept cold. Mix it up with a whole grain wrap sometimes or bread and make yourself sandwiches.
  • chunky_pinup
    chunky_pinup Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    I like to make enough dinner the night before that I have leftovers for lunch. Not so helpful if you don't have a microwave handy at work, but a little bit of sliced leftover chicken, with some brown rice and a pile of veg always seems to sit better with me than a slice of cold sandwich meat and a pile of carrot sticks. :)

I do this as well. I always make enough for dinner to have a portion for lunch the next day. That way I'm not prepping multiple meals (because I'm lazy, lol), less cleanup with prepping one meal instead of two (again, lazy), and I know that I always make a hearty, healthy dinner so my lunch will be the same!
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
    I cook entire dishes on weekends: all different varieties of soup, chili, curry, stuffed peppers, stew, casseroles, meatballs, nuggets, burritos, meatloaves, etc and freeze them in individual portions. On each container, I label the date and calorie count. I've done it for almost 8 years, so in the morning I can grab and go and my family always has a healthy option to warm up in minutes.
  • benzieboxx
    benzieboxx Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    I love making a small batch of cucumber, tomato and feta salad to take to work with me. I tend to pre-make all my stuff and don't always have access to my work's microwave, so most of my stuff is cold. Another favorite of mine is just some cottage cheese. Tasty and a quick snack.
  • mommytoaiden
    mommytoaiden Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I switch it up. Mostly it's sweet potato, asparagus and tuna. I like tuna creations that are flavored and eat it out of the pack. I also have rolled lunch meat with string cheese and harvest snaps.

I had spaghetti-o's yesterday - just made sure I stayed within my calorie limit :)