Best Diet pill

Options
Does anyone know of a good diet pill that works that insn't too expensive? Something I could easily get from Walmart or Target?

Trish

Replies

• trishkizer
    Options
    Does anyone know of a good diet pill that works that insn't too expensive? Something I could easily get from Walmart or Target?

Trish
  • icandoit
    icandoit Posts: 4,163 Member
    Options
    THERE ARE NO GOOD DIET PILLS. Healthy changes are the only way.
  • mitstac17
    mitstac17 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Green Tea - It is not a magic pill but it doesn't hurt to add green tea to your diet.
  • Erica92627
    Options
    I've been so tempted to use a product, hydroxicut, I have heard work. But as with everything when used have to be done by using them with a change in eating habits and exercise. But after hearing horror stories of alli I'm too afraid. I can't and don't want to spend my hours in the loo lol
  • mitstac17
    mitstac17 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Plus, once you add up all the money you spend on these "diet" pills, you go broke! Drink water:laugh:
  • diannholland1965
    diannholland1965 Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    I've been so tempted to use a product, hydroxicut, I have heard work. But as with everything when used have to be done by using them with a change in eating habits and exercise. But after hearing horror stories of alli I'm too afraid. I can't and don't want to spend my hours in the loo lol
    I tried it and it did not work at all.
    It DID however keep me UP all night!
    So if that is what you are after. Other wise save your hard earned money.
    The best thing that I have found is eating a salad with every meal. and for dressing Apple Cider Vinager. It has a detox effect without the tummy trouble.
    And exercise. Muscle burns more fat, even after you stop working out. See Dr Oz talking about this on realage.com.
    I posted about a week ago a story regarding Diet pills that are popularthat I found in the Jan issue of AARP.
    I can send you a copy if you want me to.
    --Diann...
  • GemFB
    GemFB Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Diet pills are never good! Most the time they are caffiene. Stay away from them!

The only way to effectivly lose weight is to eat healthy and exercise. End of story.
  • jlynch67
    Options
    I would agree there is no good "diet pill". You typically will lose water weight with these pills and it is not a long term solution. I take "Lipo 6" which is a "fat-burner". I also take hoodia on occasion, but haven't noticed a big difference with hunger suppression. The nice part about the fat burner is it gives me endurance and energy during my workouts. You can find them (fat burners) at any health and nutrition store. Do some research online. There are so many to choose from. I went with the top seller in my area.
  • NurseBarb
    NurseBarb Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I've tried a bunch of them in the past. I never found anything good. Now days I only look for something natural that helps with energy. I found one at Walgreens called Hi Ener-G. It has like guarana and stuff in it. If I take 2 or 3 in the afternoon it helps me to overcome afternoon slump and once I get busy I don't think too much about eating.
  • lorelai63
    lorelai63 Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    Brilliant answer GEM fb.. its the truth!
  • AndreaMMil
    Options
    I also wouldn't take anything just because it says it's natural. Cocaine is natural... won't catch me taking that!
  • thewelch_family
    Options
    I am very new to my fitness pal but I am doing this 4.3.2.1. detox & diet. It comes in liquid form from Whole Foods and tastes like tea. I have only been on it for 4 days and it seems to be working for me. The only complaints I have are I pee a lot and it does not do anything for making you feel full. This combined with counting calories and exercise, I am hoping to drop at least 2lbs this week. Hope this helps!

I agree with everyone else who says stay away from the diet pills.
  • zenmama
    zenmama Posts: 1,000
    Options
    Save your heart and say no to diet pills!!!!

dd
  • Anna_Banana
    Anna_Banana Posts: 2,939 Member
    Options
    If you read the packaging on all diet pills, they say they work with diet and exercise. Hum, I wonder if it's the diet and exercise that is making people lose weight.
  • NurseBarb
    NurseBarb Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I also wouldn't take anything just because it says it's natural. Cocaine is natural... won't catch me taking that!

Thanks for the concern. I do actually read the labels and am careful. I don't believe I've ingested any cocaine lately.
  • trishkizer
    Options
    Yes please send me a copy if you don't mind. Thanks
  • tinamommy727
    tinamommy727 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I use trimspa, not as a miracle weight loss solution but as a way to curb my cravings for sugary snack food and candy, it works great for that! My sister is a dietary counsoler and she said that is one of the safer diet pills out there, I still get hungry, it does have a bit of caffiene in it but then again i drink about a pot a day so it makes no difference to me. It takes hard work and effort to be healthy and to loss weight, but trimspa does help, i just don't go by the dosage directions on the label.
  • paisleymeekin
    Options
    Don't take diet pills! They are so bad for you! All of them!
  • dulceluva
    dulceluva Posts: 728 Member
    Options
    Don't take diet pills! They are so bad for you! All of them!

Absolutely. I took dexatrim a long long time ago and nearly ended up starving myself and lot a good deal of weight and then my aunt would send me a bunch in the mail, the ones that didn't work for her. i just threw them out.

Losing weight takes effort and its true...any weight loss plan, pills, supplements, drinks, fads, etc. all say in their disclaimer that you need to exercise and have a healthy diet.
  • jessjess
    Options
    The best thing that I have found is eating a salad with every meal. and for dressing Apple Cider Vinager. It has a detox effect without the tummy trouble.

Great idea!! I can't believe I never thought of using apple cider vinegar on salad. I KNEW it had a detox effect....my ex-stepfather would drink it to "get other things out of his system". He's a dirt-bag...but ANYWAY........:laugh:

Great tip!!

As for diet pills....I say waste of $$ that I could be spending on fruits and veggies....or apple cider vinegar.