Favorite protein bars??

Options
rhsdancer5
rhsdancer5 Posts: 96 Member
I barely eat meat so I am looking for any meatless way to get protein! However a lot of protein bars I have tried taste horrible! There are so many to choose from, I don't know what to try. What are your favorite ones!?

Replies

• pinggolfer96
    pinggolfer96 Posts: 2,248 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah! One bars
    Combat crunch bars
    Quest bars
  • LittleOneLoveLife
    LittleOneLoveLife Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I love MaxiNutrition Promax Recover and Rebuild Bar in dark choc yum :wink:
  • tugsandpulls760
    tugsandpulls760 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I like power bar the triple threat or met Rx are good
  • jcow84
    jcow84 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I just found this site a couple months ago - it's awesome. You can make your own bars/smoothie mix/cereal and you can see the nutritional info change with each added ingredient. Gluten free/vegan, etc. www.uraaw.ca

Americans have a different site: www.raawmacaw.com
  • extra_medium
    extra_medium Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    ThinkThin bars are my favorite as far as taste is concerned.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    My favorites are Combat Crunch bars and Luna Protein
  • BLifts38
    BLifts38 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Definitely Quest! I'm also a big fan of the Pure Protein bars. I get an 18 pack in Costco for $17
  • JanineFoster
    JanineFoster Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    My favorite is the Deluxe Protien Bar Chocolate Peanut Flavor from Herbalife - 140 calories - 10 grams of protein.
  • c50blvdbabe
    c50blvdbabe Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Either ThinkThin or Rise (Sprout's Farmers Market)
  • kmbrooks15
    kmbrooks15 Posts: 941 Member
    Options
    My favorites are Quest cookie dough and cookies and cream. The mint chocolate is pretty good too.
  • kaylajane11
    kaylajane11 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    My favorites in terms of taste and price are Think Thin, Luna Protein, and Zone Perfect. Some of them don't have quite as much protein as something like a Quest bar, but they are much cheaper and taste way better IMO.
  • FitPhillygirl
    FitPhillygirl Posts: 7,124 Member
    Options
    I have tried every Gluten free protein bars out there as I can't have the regular ones, and I always come back for the Quest bars. There is just something about them that actually agrees with my system and I like the taste of most of their flavors.
  • Spliner1969
    Spliner1969 Posts: 3,233 Member
    Options
    My personal favorites are the Fit Crunch bars. They aren't the healthiest out there, but 16g of protein for 190 calories in the snack size bars isn't bad at all. They do have very little fiber, and have some sugar but taste like a flipping candy bar! Peanut butter is my favorite. I've heard Combat Crunch are great, but cannot find a local source for them at the moment. Next time I do an online order was going to try them. But you can find Fit Crunch bars in Wal-Mart fairly easily. A 6-Pack box goes for about $7 I believe for the 190 cal snack size.
  • pj_homme
    pj_homme Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    A really good vegan bar is ProBar with 20g protein..I love then
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    Combat....and favorite is Fortifx Fit Crunch.

Hate, despise Quest Bar anything.
  • andrewq6100
    andrewq6100 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    I love my powerbar vanillas! if I can find them I'll eat the crap out of some birthday cake bars by OH YEAH. soo GOOD!
  • robertpcooke
    robertpcooke Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Depending on what you want to achieve. Quest cookie dough or smores good everyday option although fibre is high so you can't eat many per day. Grenade carb killa for low carb option or optimum nutrition oats and whey flapjacks for something higher calorie cherry coconut is pretty good
  • CrabNebula
    CrabNebula Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    I love MaxiNutrition Promax Recover and Rebuild Bar in dark choc yum :wink:

Their chocolate chip cookie dough one is SO.GOOD. Too bad the cals are so high vs protein content. I can do better with Pure Protein's Chocolate Deluxe. But every once in awhile to share with my husband or kid on a hike...can't beat the Promax CCD.
  • dkomadin
    dkomadin Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Pure protein bars contain less sugar. Found in diet section in CVS and Walgreens.
  • dgoeman12
    dgoeman12 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I like the deluxe chocolate pure protein bar and a chocolate crunch bar also buy pure protein.