I'm confused

Options
I'm not sure how to enter the amount of calories you consumed for a meal of you are not sure the cals in the food. I don't see anything on here where you can type in the food and it gives you the amount of calories for it. For lunch I had talapia on a wheat bun with lettuce and tomato and plain broccoli. Can anyone help me out? Thank-you

Trish

Replies

• trishkizer
    Options
    I'm not sure how to enter the amount of calories you consumed for a meal of you are not sure the cals in the food. I don't see anything on here where you can type in the food and it gives you the amount of calories for it. For lunch I had talapia on a wheat bun with lettuce and tomato and plain broccoli. Can anyone help me out? Thank-you

Trish
  • MIDGEKIN
    MIDGEKIN Posts: 113
    Options
    There are a few sites you can go to and type in the food and it'll give you the nutrional info. My two favorites are Thedailyplate.com and calorieking.com they have a huge database! Good luck!
  • mitstac17
    mitstac17 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Unfortuately it is not so simple to add what you eat. I just typed Tilapia into the datebase and there was something there for calorie count. Sometimes you have to add in each thing one by one. Good Luck!
  • jlynch67
    Options
    I have had to input some foods that were not on the database, so I am always careful to keep the nutritional info around until the calories have been entered. Your Talapia package should have the nutritional info on it unless you bought it at the fish/seafood counter. If it doesn't have something at first glance, I "dummy" it up. So instead of Talapia, try "fish" and then look for the specifics. Because it is a free site, there are some "gliches". Good luck to you!
  • catlover
    catlover Posts: 389
    Options
    When I can't find something, I type the food followed by the words "nutritional information" in a new tab and it usually comes up with the nutrition chart we are so familiar with. I also have a couple of sites bookmarked that I think are good. Personally, I keep all my nutritional info charts of foods I have in my home and enter them when I have time so they are there when I need them again, this is important for prepared foods, not so much for raw foods as I can always find an apple or a tomato or a piece of lettuce. If there is something I make a lot of that I know I will eat over and over again I do take the time to calculate what I put in it and divide it by the serving and use that in my personal chart. Items I can verify I put on to share with others, things that are specific to our family, I keep to myself. Sometimes I just make the most educated guess I can make and move on....

:laugh:
  • kat1000000
    kat1000000 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Do you know what talapia eat? If not look it up, you may never eat it again! LOL