Would you count this as exercise?

Options
Unfortunately I'm not the best house keeper.. Yeah, I get the dishes done daily and the floor swept. Hell, I even make the beds by noon but as far as moping, base boards, cleaning out cabinets, scrubbing walls-- not too often. However today I woke up with three quiet and behaving kids so I've cleaned like I haven't in aloooong time.

Would I count this heavy cleaning as exercise?

Replies

• Christinichka
    Christinichka Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    You can. I did last night with a deep clean. There is light and vigorous cleaning listed in the exercise log thing.
  • Starkle09
    Starkle09 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    i only count things that i set out to do for a workout as exercise ie, weights, running, bootcamp etc. i dont count household chores....not that theres anything wrong with it just my personal preference.
  • allaboutty
    allaboutty Posts: 13
    Options
    yes, you can find it by searching cleaning under cardio
  • Rikki444
    Rikki444 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Yes! I always do. I work in an office so when I am at home cleaning, I include it in my exercise journal because it is not something I do every day. I even do extra....sweep and mop the floors twice ..... just to make my home sparkle and the calories BURN!

Feel free to add it as your workout. Totally counts in my book!
  • xdannigirl
    xdannigirl Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    As a general rule, if it's not something you normally do, or it's something you started doing to lose weight, it counts.

For example: going for a run in the park, stripping the house down and cleaning from top to bottom, going for a hike while on vacation, even SWIMMING while on vacation.
  • Thriceshy
    Thriceshy Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    I have--my rule? If it has sweat running down my scalp and my heart rate up, PLUS it's sustained for longer than, say, ten minutes, it's exercise. I went on a scrubbing/sweeping/mopping binge a few weeks ago. Scrubbed hard enough and long enough that I gave myself sub-deltoid bursitis. Which has put a serious dent in my free weight work and housework. But hey, it was exercise!

Kris
  • LeviFit
    LeviFit Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Most DEFINITELY !!!!!!!!:smile:
  • mattiexox
    mattiexox Posts: 42
    Options
    Unfortunately I'm not the best house keeper.. Yeah, I get the dishes done daily and the floor swept. Hell, I even make the beds by noon but as far as moping, base boards, cleaning out cabinets, scrubbing walls-- not too often. However today I woke up with three quiet and behaving kids so I've cleaned like I haven't in aloooong time.

Would I count this heavy cleaning as exercise?

I suppose it is, but I don't count it in my daily exercise log or whatever. It's just everyday activity, you know?
  • curvygirl512
    curvygirl512 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    I guess it depends upon the activity level in your profile. I'm sitting at a desk all day, so I log in everything I can as exercise. If I posted my activity level as more active, I might not count the routine things like cooking and cleaning.