Running and food

Options
I'm trying to lose some weight and the only I usually fit my run in is right before I eat lunch. Any suggestions what to eat for lunch without killing packing it back on? Keep in mind I go to work on afternoons as well.

Replies

• sunnybeaches105
    sunnybeaches105 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    Meal timing doesn't really matter for fat loss (and matters very little for muscle retention/building). Eat what you can stomach during your run and make sure it fits your calorie and macro goals.
  • bogwoppt1
    bogwoppt1 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I prelog my lunch, it stops me over eating. Currently lunch is a cup of egg whites, one whole egg, grated zuchini, a sliced tomato and some cottage cheese. Low cal and a crazy amount of food.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    I tend to be less hungry immediately after running. I typically time my runs to be soon before breakfast or dinner (occasionally lunch) when possible, as although meal timing doesn't really matter there is arguably some benefit for recovering in having some carbs + protein after working out. I usually have some kind of protein, veg, and starchy carbs (potatoes, bread, etc.), and maybe some fruit, but that's also because it's a normal meal.

I'd also have a plan that fits into your day rather than going by "hmm, what do I feel like" in the moment, especially if you are new to this.
  • codename_steve
    codename_steve Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I double how much I make for dinner and box half of it for lunch the next day. Prep is easy, logging is easy.