Not losing weight....so frustrating!

I have been eating 1000-1200 calories for the past 6 weeks....all good stuff....fruits, veggies, lean meats and I started going to the gym twice a week (45 min to an hour) and doing a power walk 3 to 5 times per week. My body is aching head to toe because I am so out of shape, BUT I haven't lost anything! It's so frustrating to work this hard and see zero results. What am I doing wrong?????

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    If you're aching then you're also retiring water
  • 2011rocket3touring
    2011rocket3touring Posts: 1,346 Member
    Do you use MFP to log your food?
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Your diary is closed, but when people aren't losing weight as they expect it often comes down to issues with logging.
  • oliversnh
    oliversnh Posts: 15 Member
    I just started logging food again, but I have counted calories so much in the past the I know i am accurate. I eat the same few items every day. I am a huge junk food eater so just stopping that for 6 weeks should have resulted in weight loss...I mean I was eating 300-400 calories per day in funny bones and Easter eggs!
  • janejellyroll
    oliversnh wrote: »
    I just started logging food again, but I have counted calories so much in the past the I know i am accurate. I eat the same few items every day. I am a huge junk food eater so just stopping that for 6 weeks should have resulted in weight loss...I mean I was eating 300-400 calories per day in funny bones and Easter eggs!

When you say you "just started," you mean you haven't been logging for the past six weeks?
  • MalcolmX1983
    MalcolmX1983 Posts: 214 Member
    Caloric deficit.
    Deficit for YOUR body.
  • janejellyroll

I took a peek at your diary and it looks like you're using cups for measurements instead of a food scale. The other problem I see is that you made a tortilla pizza that has no fat, carbs, sugar, etc so that's telling me that you're not using the recipe builder or choosing the correct entries.

If you tighten up your logging, you'll do great!

There is also a pineapple/coconut milk smoothie without fat or fiber and things like "4 slices" of ham. OP, I second the recommendation to get a food scale and spend a few more minutes to create your own recipes and double-check the items for accuracy. There are thousands and thousands of bad entries in the database. When I eat a food for the first time, I usually Google to make sure the calorie count in the database is accurate.
  • fr33sia12
    fr33sia12 Posts: 1,258 Member

I took a peek at your diary and it looks like you're using cups for measurements instead of a food scale. The other problem I see is that you made a tortilla pizza that has no fat, carbs, sugar, etc so that's telling me that you're not using the recipe builder or choosing the correct entries.

If you tighten up your logging, you'll do great!

Same with your smoothie, you need to add each ingredient
  • biggsterjackster
    biggsterjackster Posts: 419 Member
    You eat to many calories. No way you only eat 1000 to 1200 cal for 6 weeks and not lose anything, sorry!
  • vivmom2014
    vivmom2014 Posts: 1,650 Member
    Why would your calorie goal be 1000-1200?
  • cbutton1111
    cbutton1111 Posts: 5 Member
    I had my profile set as "male" by accident for my first month :blush: SO needless to say, some things are different now that I have fixed- double check that. ALSO~ stop weighing yourself and take your measurements instead. My weight only went down 4 lbs BUT my inches went down by 2" off my hips. So try measuring yourself!!
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    You eat to many calories. No way you only eat 1000 to 1200 cal for 6 weeks and not lose anything, sorry!

This is why food needs to be weighed if one isn't losing on a minuscule amount of calories.
  • oliversnh
    oliversnh Posts: 15 Member
    I got my food scale out this morning, but I still think that cutting out all of the sugar I was eating and adding exercise should have resulted in some sort of loss. I was eating 500 plus calories of junk food per day and doing no physical activities at all. Now I am active every day and counting calories and nothing. Its very discouraging.....makes me want to go back to my old ways of eating junk everyday.
  • mkakids
    mkakids Posts: 1,913 Member
    I got my food scale out this morning, but I still think that cutting out all of the sugar I was eating and adding exercise should have resulted in some sort of loss. I was eating 500 plus calories of junk food per day and doing no physical activities at all. Now I am active every day and counting calories and nothing. Its very discouraging.....makes me want to go back to my old ways of eating junk everyday.

You could be eating more of 'healthier' foods, thus eliminating the calorie difference.

Your body could be retaining water from a new exercise program.

Log religously for a while and compair your weighed and logged food diary to the old diary to see calorie differences.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member

Just start using the food scale. You can very well over estimate how much healthy food you ate in conjunction to what you thought you were eating in junk food...

Promise, the food scale is a game changer..