Kenpo X aggravates groin injury. Help?

Options
I pulled my groin in November of last year when I slipped in the mud while running. I didn't run for 6 weeks and it seemed to be okay. Lately with the Kenpo X workout with all the pivots and kicks, I've aggravated it again and it brings me to tears it hurts so much. I'm on week 4 of phase 1 and I'm supposed to do Kenpo X three times this week, which ain't goin' to happen. Should I substitute Cardio X instead? Even some of the Yoga moves are causing me pain, but it seems to be fine the rest of the day. Sigh...

Replies

• PNWriter
    PNWriter Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    There are sooo many good exercise choices out there. Listen to your body. If an injury gets aggravated, don't do that exercise! Kind of like that old joke:

Patient: "Doc, it hurts when I move my arm in a circle. What can I do to make it stop hurting?"
    Doctor: "Don't move it in a circle."
  • TankPKDW
    TankPKDW Posts: 4
    Options
    Yes, you can substitute most of the P90X cardio exercises for one another. Try to stick with the yoga, too, though, it will help you stretch out a bit. If the pain doesn't go away soon though, you may have to just rest and let yourself heal, and restart the cycle when you're better.
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options
    There is a bit of Kenpo in Cardio X too? How about Core Synergistics? Or even do some other cardio from some other program?

Absolutely no point aggravating your injury hun :flowerforyou:
  • CodyD18
    CodyD18 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    There is the Cardio X option. It's fine to modify the program. I don't even go by the 90 days. I mix p90x and insanity.