my new "fix" when I crave ice cream

Options
chris6515
chris6515 Posts: 131 Member
This is not my original idea--I read it on one of these boards--but wow! Try freezing a containor of a favorite yogurt flavor--I used raspberry cheesecake---SOOO good! Can't wait to try some other flavors too. I wonder how the "whipped" varieties taste?

Replies

• jaimejean478
    jaimejean478 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I want to try this with the 60 cal chocolate pudding cups! Any reviews on that method??
  • spinurbuttoff
    Options
    The yogurt and pudding any kind are delicious!!!
  • Kminor67
    Kminor67 Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    Oh wow thanks for this. I never would have thought of it. I crave ice cream the first few days of TOM so this will come in handy!
  • kaitimae
    kaitimae Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    I want to try this with the 60 cal chocolate pudding cups! Any reviews on that method??

IDK about chocolate, but the vanilla was pretty dang good. =)
  • MFPfriend
    MFPfriend Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    This is not my original idea--I read it on one of these boards--but wow! Try freezing a containor of a favorite yogurt flavor--I used raspberry cheesecake---SOOO good! Can't wait to try some other flavors too. I wonder how the "whipped" varieties taste?
    The whipped kind has a great texture when frozen, but like regular yogurt that's been frozen, it can get really hard to eat.
    I personally love the strawberry whipped yogurt when it's frozen. Chocolate wasn't my favorite, but it was okay.
  • jmruef
    jmruef Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    I did this today with Yoplait Peach no-fat yogurt. My timing was perfect and when I got it out of the freezer the texture was identical to ice cream. SO yummy. SO SO SO yummy.
  • RNewton4269
    RNewton4269 Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    I do something similar with Cool Whip Free and peanut butter...so yummy!
  • TheGoktor
    TheGoktor Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    You could also have sorbet - really low in cals and fat, and utterly yummy!
  • skeele
    skeele Posts: 72
    Options
    I recently started freezing my jello cups! So good!
  • jenthestrawberry
    jenthestrawberry Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Great Ideas! Ciao Bella brand Blood Orange Sorbet is my fix. 60 Calories per serving, and the whole damn pint has less calories than a single serving of many Ben & Jerry's flavors. Furthermore, it tastes like summer on a spoon.
  • i_love_vinegar
    i_love_vinegar Posts: 2,092 Member
    Options
    good idea. You can also buy sorbet since that is low calorie I recommend the mango sorbet from Trader Joes or Haagen Daaz sorbet...=)
  • djthom
    djthom Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Great Ideas! Ciao Bella brand Blood Orange Sorbet is my fix. 60 Calories per serving, and the whole damn pint has less calories than a single serving of many Ben & Jerry's flavors. Furthermore, it tastes like summer on a spoon.

I love their Mango! mmmmmmmmmm!
  • TheGoktor
    TheGoktor Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    Waitrose does THE most divine passion fruit sorbet which I am completely in love with at the moment!
  • garreltsnk
    garreltsnk Posts: 19
    Options
    Great idea, I was just craving some Ice cream. I asked my boss to go and get me some. She said NO!, we are trying to loose weight, maybe I won't tell her about this great idea. lol:laugh:
  • kwilli731
    kwilli731 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Another option is to chop up a banana, then freeze it. Throw it in a food processor when it's frozen, and blend until it turns creamy. It will, eventually, usually takes me about 4-5 minutes, and the texture is unreal. I like to also blend up a few frozen cherries in there, or add cinnamon or something like that, and I put it back in the freezer once blended for 15 minutes or so to firm up even more. So healthy, and so yummy.
  • Jellyphant
    Jellyphant Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    LOL I used to do this to those yogurt tube things for kids. haha
    The yoplait whips would be awesome if frozen! Now I must try.
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    bump
  • mom111997
    mom111997 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I do something similar with Cool Whip Free and peanut butter...so yummy!

Cool Whip Free and Peanut Butter???? Whoa !! That sounds AWESOME!!