I'm ill and I'm "starving" my self. HELP

Options
honeyseymour123
honeyseymour123 Posts: 34 Member
edited May 2016 in Health and Weight Loss
Click bait title, I know I know. But I am currently ill because of allergies and for the last two and a half weeks I have been doing intense workouts everyday with out giving my self a resting day (Ik that's bad but lol) and I have been having back pains when I try to sit down/stand up/lie down and my knees are sore and I can't jump while doing cardio. My body is weak and tired and I feel light headed. I only consume 1200-1300 cals a day (so basically staving my body because of my age and that amount is too low) I eat that much because I simply aren't hungry to eat more and I'm scared Incase that's why I'm ill. And the other question is, will I put the weight on that I just lost (2/3 pounds) in the past 2 weeks back on because I'm ill (I'm not really "fat" so that's why I haven't lost a lot) please help!! :(

UPDATE -
People are getting confused by this. I probably aren't making this clear enough but do u think that all the stuff I mentioned has caused me because unwell/light headed/weak. Ik this isn't a doctor page but I can't find anything else :/

Replies

• mom23nuts
    mom23nuts Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    I think you have to listen to your body. When hungry, eat healthy, when hurt, rest and repair. I personally think too many people are driven to ruin by that number on the scale vs how they feel, how their clothes fit, what hurts, what is shrinking with a tape measure.
    I think constantly focusing on the numbers can make people dangerously obsessed with losing and not having those numbers go up at any and all costs to their health.
    Bones weigh in, fat weighs in, water weighs in, skin weighs in. Just breathe and take the day off your body needs before becoming seriously injured.
    Honor and trust your body as a machine that needs proper maintenance.
  • angpowers
    angpowers Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure you actually are looking for help??
    Maybe just baiting people?

#1 - makes no sense to work out that hard
    #2 - if you truly feel THAT bad, I don't think you would be working out -- especially not that hard??

You know the answer to your question. Chill on the workout, heal, appetite will come back.
  • Annr
    Annr Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    As a 20 yr old, I am surprised by the tenacity of your post. What do you wish from us? A Green light of encouragement to continue doing what you are doing? Do you have no "inner voice" telling you right from wrong? Stop dis-respecting yourself and eat responsibly. My 17 yr old son has more sense to eat when he is hungry, exercise but not to extremes, and generally take care of himself.
  • honeyseymour123
    honeyseymour123 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I mean like do u think this is the cause for my illness
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    I don't understand what exactly you want help with. You KNOW you're eating too little and you KNOW you're working out too much... So what exactly is stopping you from eating more/exercising less?

This
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options

Probably
  • NikkiMichelleS
    NikkiMichelleS Posts: 897 Member
    Options

We cannot be absolutely sure to state "yes, it's the main/only cause to your light headedness, pain, etc".... However, undereating, over exerting and over exercising, yes it can very hard on the body & lead to what you're describing.

You've received good advice here already: EAT more. REST days. Take a break from this nonsense, you will not be able to keep it up & may be doing irreparable harm to your body.