need maintaining pals

Options
Hey guys! I've lost my workout motivation since switching to 'maintain' a couple weeks ago. I'm REALLY ready to get back at 'er, but I'm in desperate need of some pals in maintain mode. So aaaddddd meeee please! ;D

Replies

• AnthonyX150X
    AnthonyX150X Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    I am in maintenance mode as well. It is important to still workout in maintenance, but learning how to maintain your weight while sedentary is an important first step.
  • klnice35
    klnice35 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to maintain as well. I am on a gluten,dairy and egg free diet for health reasons and I am finding it hard to keep the weight on. Protein powders are kind of gross and I am getting sick of putting nut butter on everything, LOL! I walk every day just to keep active, but try not to over do it and lose even more. Tricky balancing act!
  • bkstein40
    bkstein40 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Hello Nicki, I am in maintenance mode too. I think I was you at your age, I would loose some weight feel good and then go back to my old ways was like a roller coaster ride. Since I found MFP I think it makes me more accountable and helps keeps me stay on track. I actually find myself increasing my activity level, ran a 10K and have recently signed up for a half marathon which 5 years ago I would have told you are you crazy 2 miles was always my limit. Now if I run less than 4 I feel like I haven't done enough. At the end of the day I think running is my release from a long day. I have 3 rest days a week, which are usually a long walk.
  • nickipick
    nickipick Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for your replies guys. Klnice35- I also have some dietary restrictions bc of health reasons. I added you maybe we can inspire eachother.
    Anthony and bkstein. ...man I know the importance of working out. I struggle to find the time with working long hours and raising a family. It's SOOOO easy to put it on the back burner. Too easy. Typical mom I put my own needs last. But I don't just need it to stay fit - I didn't even really come on to lose weight. I'm really trying to learn to have balance in my life - I don't enjoy feeling like I'm running on empty all the time.
    I love that you run bkstein. I admire that! I do need more consistency!
  • nikkit321
    nikkit321 Posts: 1,485 Member
    Options
    I'm also a mom (2 teen boys) and work from home, but that doesn't mean I have any time. I'm trying to lose a couple pounds gained when I broke a bone in my foot (actually 2 bones, 6 months apart, same foot), but will then be back at maintenance. Happy to have a maintenance friend.
  • Tatumhop
    Tatumhop Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I'm maintaining as well. Working on fueling my body as I continue to make and meet new fitness goals. Add me if you'd like! The more mfp friends I have, the more inspired I am. ❤️
  • Bellevii
    Bellevii Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Add me!
  • tdaniels54
    tdaniels54 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I've been on maintenance for 7 weeks. I'm still weighing, measuring and tracking all my foods. I lost a total of 77 lbs over the years, the last 18 over the past 3 months using Myfitnesspal. I need support too. Please add me as a friend. I don't know how to do it. Thank you! Best of luck with maintenance.
  • Suhrah623
    Suhrah623 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Hi, I have been in maintenance for about 6 weeks now after losing 65 lbs. add me if you would like :)
  • nickipick
    Options
    Wow! Thank you so much for all the replies girls! I added you all up and I'm super excited to have some new maintenance friends on here. So good to meet you all
  • nickipick
    Options
    :o
  • Suhrah623
    Suhrah623 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the add! I'm happy to have a maintenance friend too lol
    My maintenance cals are around 1,620 but Monday-Friday I try to eat around 1,500 so that I can eat more on weekends! So far it's working out nicely :)
  • CindyFooWho
    CindyFooWho Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Separate exercise from weight in your mind. Make exercise about becoming STRONG. You're young, but trust me, strength will serve you well over the years, giving you the ability to do ANYTHING, while others will increasingly find themselves left behind.

But in the near-term.... thin and muscular looks amazing. Keep it up!
  • nickipick
    Options
    Suhrah. ...excellent plan. I like the way you think. I may have to copy your strategy. ;D
  • nickipick
    Options
    GREAT ADVICE Cindy! It very much is about feeling strong for me. I have a really physical (and sometimes stressful) job that is hard on my back - and I'm not that young! Anyways...when I started working out I noticed a huge improvement in my back strength/pain. And my stress levels! These are the things I need to remember when life gets super busy. I need to make time for my health. It's an investment into the future for sure. It's tough though...I feel like I'm constantly battling for just a sliver of my own time though. Ugh... it's a learning process for sure for me.
  • davidmartinez66
    davidmartinez66 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I am entering maintenance right now, need others in maintain mode, I have lost 85 pounds, last 20 on MFP, I log exercise/yard work/food daily. Looking forward to the challenge, although I am very active in the summer, it should be an easy transition to maintain. Anyone please feel free to add me. Also add any advice as I start the next phase.

Best Regards,
    David
  • leesecarriere
    leesecarriere Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I just entered the maintenance phase today, and I must say the amount of calories the program is allowing me seems crazy huge to me (went from 1380 to 2110!) I exercise at least 5 days a week using the FitStar app or running and the other days I just shoot for my 10000 steps with my FitBit. I've lost 32 lbs since January and I'm nervous that the calorie amount is too big. How did you guys pick yours? Or did you use the default calorie goal? I'd also like other maintenance friends to help keep me on track! Congrats to all of you for getting to where you wanted to be!
  • gember85
    gember85 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Add me x
  • Spliner1969
    Spliner1969 Posts: 3,233 Member
    Options
    I recommend getting back into working out. Whatever it takes. The reason is that you can allow yourself more calories that way and still maintain your weight. I switched to maintenance a couple weeks ago and since then have not changed my workout routine. I simply allow myself to eat back more of my exercise calories. I've managed to stay dead-on my goal weight for now, and have been getting noticeably stronger since calorie intake is up and workouts are going well. Use maintenance as a chance to become stronger, more tone, and build a little muscle. All of that will help you to maintain without having to come back and diet every few months which isn't good on your body.
  • nickipick
    Options
    Thank you so much everyone ☺ So excited to have some new pals!!!

Leesecarriere - oh my goodness I can absolutely relate! I freaked out at first when I saw the calorie jump. I'm enjoying it now though