Still Under caloriest but not hungry

Options
So I have a little dilemma all...I ate really well today and I mean really well. Pretty much all lean and now I have 449 calories at my disposal but I'm not hungry, at least not yet. Should I force myself to eat something to increase my daily calorie intake or do I let it be and get that ugly warning that I didn't eat enough? Thoughts?

Replies

• queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Ice cream!!!
  • rankinsect
    rankinsect Posts: 2,238 Member
    Options
    If it's one day, not a huge deal, but yes, I would fill extra calories with ice cream too :smiley: Or cheese, or soft baked oatmeal squares. Can't ever get enough of those. If I could buy them by the pallet I would.

I avoid this by planning my days in advance so I don't end up either over or under, I aim to be within 30 calories of my goal in either direction.
  • melissafawnw
    melissafawnw Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    This sometimes happens to me on days I'm really busy or have a good workout. I did this yesterday and the hunger didn't hit until about 11:45 and kept me up :|

I agree with the above, one day won't hurt. I personally never force myself to eat, so eat if you feel hungry.
  • kmlbarky
    kmlbarky Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I get this a lot on keto. Part of me thinks it's because I just don't want to eat any more flipping vegetables. However, when I don't get everything in, I don't lose as much.
  • flippy1234
    flippy1234 Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    When in doubt, have more protein. Especially if you are working out a lot. it will help build and repair your muscles over night.
  • ddavenport63
    ddavenport63 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    If i have many calories left thats when i would have some nuts , they are good for you but sometimes take up too many calories on a normal day that i dont often have them . Yoghurt is another snack that i have if its quite late so you stay full for longer.
  • pondee629
    pondee629 Posts: 2,469 Member
    Options
    How did your caloric deficit come about? Are those 449 calories from exercise or just a lack of calories in you meal that day? If the former, you can have about half of them, if the latter, and you're above 1200 or so, bank them for another day, eat them because you can, ignore them, write them off to lax logging. If you're not hungry, I don't see the need to eat, unless you are under a healthy total.
  • puffbrat
    puffbrat Posts: 2,806 Member
    Options
    With that many calories left I would say BROWNIE!!
  • MrsQuinones132
    MrsQuinones132 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Well just a little follow up all. I gave in that day and had half a glass of milk and 3 cookies....best part was that I was still under my calorie count. Yay!