Quick and easy to-go lunches for work/school?

Options
What are your favorite things to pack for lunch? I feel like I live off of those pre-made salads... There are definitely healthier options, but they're just so convenient.

Replies

• RandiNoelle
    RandiNoelle Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Wraps and veggie stir fry are easy things to whip up the morning of. For the stir fry, I make the rice the night before (usually to go along with my supper).
  • DazzleOrDelight89
    DazzleOrDelight89 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    That sounds like a yummy, fantastic idea!
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    My husband smokes chicken breasts on the smoker on Sunday. We weigh them out and put them in individual Ziploc bags with the weight written on the bag. I then put my chicken on a salad (spinach with strawberries, blackberries and raspberry viniagrette is my current favorite), or I'll steam some broccoli or something. That usually covers about three days per week. The other two days, I resort to Healthy Choice. This one is amazing...

hhnndg3ov95j.jpg

• activefatgirl
    activefatgirl Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I make a stir fry, ground chicken, and brown rice on Sunday. I put the stir fry in a container, and the rice and meat in a sandwich bag. I make enough for 5 days. The best part is..... I buy 12 containers for $3.00 when I'm done eating everything goes in to the recycle bin and I have saved money on take out and I don;t wash a single dish :) I also like tomatoes, cucumbers, chicken and pasta with a dressing.... these get made up for the week as well.
  • slaunderville
    slaunderville Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Is there a calorie range you are going for at lunch time?
  • pomegranatecloud
    pomegranatecloud Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    Leftovers.
  • weehah
    weehah Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Chunky peanut butter on Lundberg rice cakes. Plain yogurt with oats and honey. Last night's grilled vegetables (broccoli, yellow squash, zucchini) with farro. Hard-boiled eggs!
  • weehah
    Options
    Chunky peanut butter on Lundberg rice cakes. Plain yogurt with oats and honey. Last night's grilled vegetables (broccoli, yellow squash, zucchini) with farro. Hard-boiled eggs!
  • weehah
    Options
  • amycrumley78
    amycrumley78 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I fix talapia with lemon pepper and squeeze of lemon, some stir fry veggies(whatever I have on hand) and instant brown rice. I use plate method with diet. It's half plate veggie, 1/4 lean meat, 1/4 whole grains.
  • DazzleOrDelight89
    DazzleOrDelight89 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Is there a calorie range you are going for at lunch time?

Probably about 400 calories. These are great ideas! Wow! :smiley:
  • puffbrat
    puffbrat Posts: 2,806 Member
    Options
    My husband smokes chicken breasts on the smoker on Sunday. We weigh them out and put them in individual Ziploc bags with the weight written on the bag. I then put my chicken on a salad (spinach with strawberries, blackberries and raspberry viniagrette is my current favorite), or I'll steam some broccoli or something.

How has it not occurred to me to use strawberries, blackberries or raspberries?? My current favorite lunch salad with spinach, frozen/thawed mango, goat cheese, and almonds with pinto or black beans on the side. I also really enjoy spinach, almonds, goat cheese, cherries and raspberry viniagrette.
  • fishshark
    fishshark Posts: 1,886 Member
    Options
    i make my husband sushi a lot.. the night before i roll it and then cut it the next day. The nori is super soggy but he loves it and its something different.
  • sanfromny
    sanfromny Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    I work close to a supermarket. A few times a week I got o the seafood dept and buy 1/2lb shrimp and they will steam it for me right there. I buy a bag of frozen steamed veggies along with it. When I get back to work I pop the veggie bag in the microwave then mix it in a bowl with the fresh steamed shrimp...serving size for the Birdeye lightly sauced carrots, broccoli and cauliflower veggies about .75 cup = 52 cals and Publix - 1/2 Pound Steamed Shrimp - Cajun Flavor 225 cals. Awesome meal under 300 cals
  • cocates
    cocates Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    Leftovers (most often)
    Frozen meals (last minute, no prep)
    I have been known to go to Subway and get a 1' and extend it over 2 days.
    When I'm being really good, I meal prep on Sunday and make 2 different meals (so we don't get tired of eating the same thing for lunch every day). Options like:
    grilled chicken (If I cook out or just use George Foreman), roasted broccoli, and brown rice
    OR salmon, roasted asparagus, roasted potatoes (you can put all of these in the oven and just bake)
    Roll-ups (roll up veggies in deli-meat, spread mayo/mustard/sauce) with a cold quinoa salad or a cold broccoli salad
    Tuna "salad" (Tuna packet - the thai one is a favorite). I bring a container with mayo, relish (and onions if I have the time) and then mix it here. Spread it over bread or crackers. We have a toaster at work, so I like the crunch if I bring bread - just depends on my mood.
    I don't like carrying multiple plastic containers so whatever I have for lunch, has to be eaten cold or has to be heated in the microwave.

HTH!