Pre workout meals/snack options?

Options
I’ve just started cutting last week & would like a few quick and easy pre-workout snacks suggestions, to help boost my energy during sessions.

I don’t really have many carbs after lunch, maybe this is something I should look to change. I was used to eating carbs in the morning to fuel my day, but now I think I need to eat the carbs 1-4 hours before my work out?

Currently I have a banana and a quick coffee, but doesn’t seem to do anything for me. I’m also taking creatine pre (and post workout) as well as some BCAA’s.

Replies

• Dannigreen31
    Dannigreen31 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    I have banana and coffee also but also like a rice cake and peanut butter seems to give me energy. Peanut butters always a good snack
  • charlieaulert
    charlieaulert Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I have banana and coffee also but also like a rice cake and peanut butter seems to give me energy. Peanut butters always a good snack

Will try rice cakes again. I think they may have worked before actually. Difficult to tell as I wasn't cutting at the time. Thank you.
  • sunnybeaches105
    sunnybeaches105 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    I've found that adding in a measured portion of white rice at lunch helps with my evening workouts. When I work out in the mornings during weekends I eat white rice or a little pasta at dinner. If I cut carbs too low my training volume nose dives.
  • tillerstouch
    tillerstouch Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    Why are you taking creatine pre and post workout?
  • weehah
    weehah Posts: 81 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Chunky peanut butter on Lundberg rice cakes. Soooo good! And keeps me from being ravenously hungry as soon as I am finished with my workout.