Stuck

Options
What do you do when you have been the same weight for three months now. I am working on losing my weight and now I am stuck. It is so depressing to work so hard and have nothing to show for it. I am disabled and it is hard to exercise. I am lost, no one to get advice from about this.

Replies

• loribethreed
    loribethreed Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I am in the same boat, I'm not disabled but I've totally plateaued as well. It's really frustrating
  • loribethreed
    loribethreed Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I actually used a personal trainer to help me come up with a better plan because it's really hard to keep going
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Do you use a food scale to weigh everything?
  • edoll61
    edoll61 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Go with the food scale. I've been using it for about a week in half and in seeing a payoff. Lost 3 pounds in that time. With everything you eat, in grams if possible
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    How far are you from goal? Reducing weight without exercise is just slower, so don't give up. Just stay on the plan and stay patient. Yes, a food scale is critically important. If you have been at the same weight for 3 months you probably were trying to maintain a 500 or 250 calorie daily deficit. Again, if you've been the same weight for 3 months it's certain that your calorie counting has been inaccurate. Tighten up your logging, cut sodium, add fiber, and raise your protein. That will attack the plateau from 4 different directions. It can't resist.