Bad eating habits..Need help!

Options
meganjenice32
meganjenice32 Posts: 6 Member
edited May 2016 in Health and Weight Loss
I have a tendency to skip breakfast, so then I eat a lot at lunch and end up snacking the rest of the time. I need good/healthy ideas for breakfast.

Replies

• jennieo213
    jennieo213 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Eat when you are hungry and eat what satisfies you within your calorie goals based on your desired rate of weight loss. Rinse and repeat.
  • MissusMoon
    MissusMoon Posts: 1,900 Member
    Options
    If you don't like to eat breakfast, don't. Get in the habit of pre-logging your day within your calorie goal, planning on snacks and larger meals in the afternoon/evening so that you can succeed.
  • ogtmama
    ogtmama Posts: 1,403 Member
    Options
    Eating breakfast makes me hungry all day and night. I avoid it...or eat it very late.
  • betuel75
    betuel75 Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    I have a tendency to skip breakfast as well. Im not hungry so i dont eat a lot most of the day. Then i eat and snack a lot at night but still stay within my calorie allowance. You just gotta play with it and figure out what you like and/or works best for you.
  • flippy1234
    flippy1234 Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    Figure out what works for you. we are all different. I eat about 6 small meals a day. A protein and carb at each one with plenty of good fats. That is what world for me. I rarely get really hungry that way.
  • itsbasschick
    itsbasschick Posts: 1,584 Member
    Options
    flippy1234 wrote: »
    Figure out what works for you. we are all different. I eat about 6 small meals a day. A protein and carb at each one with plenty of good fats. That is what world for me. I rarely get really hungry that way.

me, too. and i try to eat foods i love as much as possible so i don't start craving them.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    I have a tendency to skip breakfast, so then I eat a lot at lunch and end up snacking the rest of the time. I need good/healthy ideas for breakfast.

Are you skipping breakfast because you are not hungry or because it is a bother to prepare something?
    If you are not hungry until lunch and function well skipping breakfast then it is fine. For weight loss your body doesn't care when you consume your calories.

You can eat any food you like for breakfast... doesn't have to be breakfast food.
    Breakfast for me is typically something like Greek yogurt, granola bars, cereal with milk, sandwich, dinner leftovers, fruit, or cottage cheese- about 200-300 calories.
  • meganjenice32
    meganjenice32 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I just don't care for "breakfast foods". I am hungry but I get busy in the mornings, getting ready for work and getting my son ready. But I think I just over think it. I always read how breakfast is the most important, but you're right. I can just grab whatever to hold me over till lunch.
    Lounmoun wrote: »

Are you skipping breakfast because you are not hungry or because it is a bother to prepare something?
    If you are not hungry until lunch and function well skipping breakfast then it is fine. For weight loss your body doesn't care when you consume your calories.

You can eat any food you like for breakfast... doesn't have to be breakfast food.
    Breakfast for me is typically something like Greek yogurt, granola bars, cereal with milk, sandwich, dinner leftovers, fruit, or cottage cheese- about 200-300 calories.

• MsAmandaNJ
    MsAmandaNJ Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    You don't have to eat breakfast foods if you don't care for them. Sometimes I'll have a turkey sandwich for breakfast, that's easy to eat on the way to work.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    If you don't eat breakfast then having a larger calorie allowance for lunch (or dinner) is perfectly reasonable. As does having an extra snack at some other time of the day instead of a traditional breakfast (whatever that may mean to you).

Breakfast also doesn't have to be the typical breakfast foods.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    I enjoy traditional breakfast foods, but I am more likely to cook them at dinner time. My actual breakfast most days is Greek yogurt and granola because I can eat that while I work my daily reports in the morning. Today it was oatmeal and a protein bar.
  • biggsterjackster
    biggsterjackster Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I need lots of protein for breakfast, otherwise I snack all day. Breakfast is most important to me. I skip dinner though. Love it when my belly is flat and empty the next morning. Funny how everyone has so different preferences.