Motivational affects from adjusting "start weight"?

Options
Do people change their "start weight" when they reach significant milestones? Like, I've dropped 20+ pounds since I started MFP and my focus now is the next 5 pounds, not that long-gone 20 ... the difference between 20 or 21 pounds lost doesn't seem nearly as significant as the difference between 0 and 1! So, I'm thinking I should change my "start weight" but I wonder if other folks doing that have noticed any change in motivation (good or bad)?

Replies

• brianna626
    brianna626 Posts: 156
    Options
    I think leaving the weight you have lost on can be motivating when you feel stuck or at a plateau. I guess it is a personal preference but I think it would be motivational to visually see the ticker and your accomplishments.
  • Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options
    I agree with brianna626.
  • Just_Bethy
    Just_Bethy Posts: 272
    Options
    I think its an individual choice..what motivates YOU might not be the same for me..I prefer to leave my actual heaviest weight to show myself how far I have come ..not to mention how far I could go back if I gave up...But you might see it different and starting over might be your thing..Not forgetting..you can always change it back I am sure..LOL...
  • fh1951
    fh1951 Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    you might consider changing your ticker to one that shows how much you've got left to lose if that's what you want to focus on (see below)
  • wstidolph
    wstidolph Posts: 20
    Options
    Darn I thought the suggestion to change the ticker would be my answer, but I tried that and it doesn't effect the only number I actually see, which is the badge on my Home. (I don't use the "ticker" anywhere.) So I still need to consider whether or not to change my start weight, in order to get that badge to show a more-current gain/loss.