help me!

Options
2»

Replies

• amber914137
    amber914137 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Great now I'm feeling plum stupid about to give up already! I thought if I ate 1500 calories (example) and exercised 500 of them away I'd loose weight if I just ate that amount I wouldn't gain or loose I'd just stay the same.......
  • mappeal67
    mappeal67 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Can't I just measure if the food ex... Cup of broccoli 1/4 cup ranch ect..... Go off the serving size since chicken and meats are free of calories if baked boiled or grilled ect.... And do I need to eat back calories. Like If I eat 600 calories between breakfast and lunch then burn 200 do I need to eat like 1000 for dinner lol...... Sorry I know nothing

I wouldn't eat back calories if I were you. Unless you're burning thousands of cals per day - unlikely unless you're an athlete.
    Use MFP to calculate how much you want to lose per week and it will tell you what your calorie goal is per day.
    Then log everything you eat & drink and don't exceed your daily limit.
    Log deliberate (swimming, running, etc) exercise honestly, don't go down the route of logging every household chore. It gives a false impression of your activity level.
    Have you been to see your doctor? They should be able to help you with a diet plan.
    Oh and try to stick to water rather than sodas. Save your calories and pennies for food!
  • misskarne
    misskarne Posts: 1,765 Member
    Options
    The number that MFP gives you already includes the deficit you need. Get a food scale, weigh everything, forget the gimmicks and tricks and fads, and why not just try hitting that number for a month or so?
  • mappeal67
    mappeal67 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I think you need to read some of the posts here to get you started: https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10300319/most-helpful-posts-general-diet-and-weight-loss-help-must-reads#latest

If you log EVERYTHING you eat and keep to your calorie limit you will lose weight.
  • amber914137
    Options
    Thank you going to buckle down and def start doing that! I'm At work right now get off at 6am......can I start my logging accurately btnstartimg fresh after I get up after going home and getting some sleep? Or should I log everything I've had after midnight?
  • DeficitDuchess
    DeficitDuchess Posts: 3,099 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Great now I'm feeling plum stupid about to give up already! I thought if I ate 1500 calories (example) and exercised 500 of them away I'd loose weight if I just ate that amount I wouldn't gain or loose I'd just stay the same.......

If you consume 1,500 & burn 500, then you'd only consume 1,000 calories. If you burn 500, you have to consume 1,700 because it isn't safe, without a doctor's orders & supervision, to be below 1,200 calories. Also you don't have to exercise, to lose weight. You could just consume 1,200 calories instead of 1,700, if for whatever reason; you can't or don't desire, to exercise.
  • alleehill2
    alleehill2 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I work nights too & sit all night. Today (last night) when I logged I put what would be my breakfast (everyone else's dinner) then my lunch and since the new day begins at midnight I packed my "dinner" (which I eat at 3am) and logged that. I just made sure to eat only that. Hope it helps a bit. I'm trying to figure this out too
  • DeficitDuchess
    Options
    Thank you going to buckle down and def start doing that! I'm At work right now get off at 6am......can I start my logging accurately btnstartimg fresh after I get up after going home and getting some sleep? Or should I log everything I've had after midnight?

Whatever you decide, is best for you; is what you should do!
  • amber914137
    Options
    Thank u! I'm going to start my breakfast when I get up!
  • DeficitDuchess
    edited May 2016
    Options
    You're welcome! That's also a great time, to weigh yourself; after you've gone to the bathroom & before you eat/drink.