Being ill

Options
How to stay on track when I'm not very well? Or should I be giving my body a rest?

Replies

• misskarne
    misskarne Posts: 1,765 Member
    Options
    Give your body a rest.
  • philippakate197
    philippakate197 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Eat at maintenance while you're ill.
  • devine147
    devine147 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Defo don't lose
  • HippySkoppy
    HippySkoppy Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    Take it easy while you are sick eat use this time to nurture your body back to health.

Best wishes on a speedy recovery <3

• kthompson601
    kthompson601 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Definitely give your body a rest! Drink lots of fluids, especially if you've been vomiting or having diarrhea. It's okay to skip a few workouts as well. Plenty of sleep is good too. When you're ill, it is time to cosset yourself and be extra nice to your body. I'd also say don't worry as much about your food habits when you're in the midst of a serious cold or flu. Eat what you feel capable of eating, if it's just toast or crackers, or if you feel like you can stomach something hearty like a thick stew. If you've had nausea, and you're finally past that, eat what you like! Still log things, if you're comfortable with that, but don't fret if you find yourself drastically under or over for a few days.

Last January I got struck by a terrible stomach bug and spent about twelve hours, off and on, being violently sick. I lost five pounds in that twelve hours (and I really don't recommend it!). It took me about two weeks to recover, because I was lethargic, dizzy, and extremely tired, so I couldn't do my usual workouts. For three days I could hardly eat because I still felt quite nauseated, and once I got past that, I pigged out because my body really needed the fuel! In the grand scheme of life, it was a minor setback, and once I took the time to get lots of rest and regain that five pounds, I was able to return to my regular workout schedule and back to my healthy eating, and I've continued to lose weight in my slow, steady, healthy manner.

Good luck! Take good care of yourself!
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,088 Member
    Options
    Rest !