Trying to lose 100lbs doing low carb, anyone else have the same goals?

Options
2»

Replies

• SapiensPisces
    SapiensPisces Posts: 1,001 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    I'm not necessarily low carb, but I am on a restricted calorie intake and high protein, which often ends up being lower carb, though not 20g or less, which is very restrictive. I'm down 58lbs, with a goal of eventually having a total loss near 110 lbs. You can add me if you want.
  • Naptownbabi
    Naptownbabi Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    I'm inside my 100 down 43 down 57lbs to go, but not doing low carb, just counting my calories and staying under or meeting my goals. I do have a fitbit linked but I only eat back some of those calories burned.
  • rerez2015
    rerez2015 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I have lost 107 lbs. doing LCHF.
    So many low carb simple yummy recipes are available there is no reason to go off plan.
    Always looking for friends :)
  • VertBert
    VertBert Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Hola - since discovering this app, I have logged 22 days straight! Definitely been helpful and have gotten good at being honest with myself. Motivated me to get a smart scale for accountability. Progress!

Anyone - feel free to add me for mutual motivation.
  • Marycycles
    Marycycles Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I've done atkins in the past, I now just cut the junk food! Think high fiber, low carb when choosing what I eat. Really is more what they recommend for diabetics. I have lost 105lbs kept it off two years. But the real key to losing was the exercise! Walk, run, zumba or bike, every day I can!
  • tarcotti
    tarcotti Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I'm pregnant and have gestational diabetes so I have a strict amount of carbs I'm supposed to eat per meal and snack. I've done the calorie count thing before with great results, but I find the low carb thing is even easier! I naturally am hitting a deficit every day by accident. (Next time I visit the doc, I'm probably going to have to increase calories for the pregnancy). I've already lost a little weight in the process. I think after the baby is here I'll probably still do low carb to actually try and lose weight. Plus, its better for your blood sugar to cut out white rice, pasta, flour...etc. Anyway, Its just as sustainable as counting calories. In fact, I find it easier to sustain then calorie counting.

Searching for recipes too and always accepting friends. I'm on MFP this time to keep a food journal and maintain weight.