low impact effective exercise at home ideas please!

Options
Hi I want to lose weight and increase fitness and tone. I have a condition which means I dislocate very easily and all my ligaments over extend and damage easily. so controlled exercise is important. I can realistically exercise twice a day for up to 30 mins. about the limit of my young childrens ability to entertain themselves. I have done insanity. but level 2 is too high impact and long. I do the cardio segments at weekends when oh is about. but am a bit bored of them now. I do t25 but fancy adding something different.I'm wondering about heavier weights. any recommendations as to a good DVD or other form of exercise I can do alongside t25 or instead of. many thanks for your ideas. I have about 60lb to lose. have kept up my fitness whilst putting it on.

Replies

• LazSommer
    LazSommer Posts: 1,851 Member
    Options
    I'd high five you but my shoulder would dislocate. I don't know how much you can actually do, but I've worked with similar problems - dropped weights on my face because my shoulders are that loose that improper arm extension causes them to pop out and then I lose control.

My recommendation is just focus on form and use bodyweight or barbells. I can do anything as long as I keep it to the proper ROM. If anything my shortcomings make it easier to know when I'm performing an exercise wrong. The barbells are safer than dumbells.
  • chookywillow
    chookywillow Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    thank you. another bendy bod! I didn't realise barbells were safer than dumbbells. never considered that. I do struggle with long lever type exercises my shoulders pop out if I lift my arms straight to 90°. they behave if I lift above my head though and bicep triceps are fine.
  • JenRainbow1
    JenRainbow1 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Fitness blender on youtube do low impact not sure if this would help as low impact for them might mean just slower and no jumping
  • neela1880
    neela1880 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Jessica smith tv. She has a lot of fun low impact workout that's easy on the joint
  • chookywillow
    chookywillow Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    thank you ill look into both of those.
  • meritage4
    meritage4 Posts: 1,441 Member
    Options
    biking is low impact-and you could perhaps pop the kids in bike trailer while you go.
  • Spliner1969
    Spliner1969 Posts: 3,233 Member
    Options
    A good exercise bike or low impact elliptical machine might help. Best way to burn calories is with cardio imho. Low impact cardio for me (I have back problems) I do with a Bowflex Max Trainer. Expensive but really tough workout with almost 0 impact on bones/joints.