Staying motivated

Options
bmckinley58
bmckinley58 Posts: 2 Member
Hi my name is Brittney. I have over 100 pounds to lose. I have been on this journey for about a month now. I lost about 13 pounds in the first two weeks and have since seen no results. I was so motivated but I've lost some of it with the lack of results. I eat between 1200 and 1400 calories per day. Mostly very healthy food. I joined a gym and try to go as much as possible and walk outside time permitting. I just started a new job so have less time for working out and family. I do cardio and strength training at the gym. I'm just getting really frustrated. Any suggestions or motivation would be greatly appreciated. Thank you so much.

Replies

• T0M_K
    T0M_K Posts: 7,526 Member
    Options
    what are you doing to determine your 1200 to 1400 calories? labels? logging everything? weighing your food?
  • ricktrill
    ricktrill Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I would encourage you that this should not be about simply dropping a certain amount of weight, but about changing your entire lifestyle. When I first started out, I would get so discouraged because I would hit the ground running so hard and then run out of gas because either the diet got boring, or I became intimidated with having to learn so many new things, or my "lack of results" etc. But, once I decided to take my time and implement small, positive, healthy eating and workout habits every day/week, that's when I started to really make a difference in my overall lifestyle. Eventually, those small positive habits increased and before long it simply became what I did. I don't even really have to think about it much, except much I'm adding in new habits. This is why I focus more on the health and diet aspect because if you're constantly improving your eating habits, the physical results and workout results are sure to follow. Results come differently for everyone, so you can't put this stuff in a box. Pay attention to your body type, how well you respond to this exercise, or this food or that. It'll take time, but if you stick with it and learn and experiment, you'll be sure to find what works for you. :)