heart rate monitor

FairyMiss
FairyMiss Posts: 1,812 Member
yep another heart rate monitor question.

looking for the best reasonably priced , but not to cheap , heart rate monitor chest strap kind

Replies

• vanb0052
    vanb0052 Posts: 50 Member
    Thank you for posting this! I'd also like to know how big around is the typical chest strap?
  • FairyMiss
    Thank you for posting this! I'd also like to know how big around is the typical chest strap?

hmmm good question will have to look into that as i shop,
  • KyleGA
    KyleGA Posts: 309 Member
    I can across the below info during my search for a HRM. I chose item number 1 below, but during my search it indicated that item #1 was great for a man, but not so much for a female. As it does not allow you to change sexes, therefore I guess it must assume it's for a man. But I love it.

It will at least get you a few brands and models to google/research.

Heart-Rate Monitors top 5 models according to consumer reports Feb-2011. All are chest-strap models.
    1. Timex Personal Trainer T5G971 - $50, score: 93%
    2. Timex Zone Trainer T5J031 - $75, score: 92%
    3. New Balance N5 - $72, score: 90%
    4. Sportline Duo 1010 - $60, score: 88%
    5. Omron HR-100C - $40, score: 88%
    6. Acumen Ergo Plus - $70, score: 87%
    7. Ekho E-15 - $72, score: 87%
  • 1horsetown
    1horsetown Posts: 247 Member
    I've been very pleased with my Garmin FR60.

The chest straps are adjustable and *stretchy*. I wear a 36" bra and the strap on mine is doubled back about 2/3 of the way.
  • vanb0052
    vanb0052 Posts: 50 Member
    I've been very pleased with my Garmin FR60.

The chest straps are adjustable and *stretchy*. I wear a 36" bra and the strap on mine is doubled back about 2/3 of the way.

Good to know! I'm a big woman :) I just think that they overestimate my calories burned when I log here.

Thank you!
  • FairyMiss
    garmin is one i have heard alot of good things
  • XDoodlebugger
    XDoodlebugger Posts: 54 Member
    I like my Polar F6 just fine and I've had it for years. It also displays on the equipment at the gym, I've had another type that didn't. Large strap and yes, the elliptical calories burned on here is more than what I log when I use a HRM.