Feeling anxious...any advice appreciated.

Options
lml852014
lml852014 Posts: 243 Member
So I currently work in a primary school as a paraprofessional. For the past year I have been a reading aide part of the day and the other part of the day I am in an early childhood classroom as an aide. I currently have my degree in early chidhood ed (qualified to teach prek-3 gr). Well the position for the EC teacher (part time bc of # of kids next year) has opened up recently. I sent in my resume, letters of rec, etc when it was first posted. I figured I had a decent shot at getting at least an interview as I've been working in the room, I have my degree in this & I work in the school. This was about beginning of May and I still have yet to hear anything back. I have heard from the current EC teacher they are holding interviews for the position on Friday. Now I am super anxious and kind of surprised I haven't heard anything from anyone? I will say I wasnt AS involved as I could have been this year and I was out quite a few sick days (my immune system just sucked this year and with it being a new school that surely didnt help). I am going to meet with the superintendent this afternoon after work to talk with her a bit about everything, not to like "beg" for an interview but to ask if I will be given the opportunity and express how interested I am in the position. Do you think I have a good reason to be so anxious? I'm just feeling so down and I have the rest of the day to sit here and mull over it :(

Replies

• mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    anxiety just is. i don't like to think it's good or bad. I think you have a good plan to talk to the superintendent.

do what you can to distract yourself :)
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    regardless of the rest of it, you are well within your rights to ask whether you have an interview and get some feedback on your application if you were not successful.
  • lml852014
    lml852014 Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Well I have an interview tomorrow! Thanks guys!