Cookies called I answered :-(

Options
Can't believe I let those cookies in. I was doing so good but I won't give up. I have those cravings once a week and being in menopause doesn't help.

Replies

• Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    Can't believe I let those cookies in. I was doing so good but I won't give up. I have those cravings once a week and being in menopause doesn't help.
    Sounds like you have a great attitude! :drinker: Sometimes cookies happen:grumble: :laugh:
  • celizabet
    celizabet Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel sweetie!! I had the same problem today! So glad I threw them out! Next time I'll try to throw them out BEFORE I eat too many LOL But tomorrow is a new day!
  • dawnw30
    dawnw30 Posts: 270
    Options
    Hope you enjoyed them! We can all use a treat every now and again! :wink:
  • adagolden
    adagolden Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Let it go, tomorrow is another day and you can say no next time.
  • Caperfae
    Caperfae Posts: 433
    Options
    Don't let it discourage you. Log it in your food diary and move on. One slip up won't hurt anything .. once in a while :)
  • Tracy184
    Tracy184 Posts: 74
    Options
    We've all been there. A couple things that might help: (1) Try telling yourself you can have the cookies in 10 minutes. Then maybe in 10 minutes you won't feel like you need them anymore. (2) Try nibbling them like a rodent (or something). Then maybe you'll feel like you've had more cookies than you've really had, and you'll be satisfied. Those sometimes help me.
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    DON'T BRING THEM INTO THE HOUSE!!!!!!!!!! I they are not there you won't eat them.
  • annacataldo
    annacataldo Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    there is nothing wrong with cookies/sweets, in moderation.
  • ejmcam
    ejmcam Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    If I didnt let the sweets in once in a while I would never survive!
  • Lollyvoddy
    Lollyvoddy Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you have a great attitude! :drinker: Sometimes cookies happen:grumble: :laugh:

'Cookies Happen' ....lol, that so needs to be a t-shirt!
  • suzooz
    suzooz Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    Sometimes you just have to have the real thing! Great attitude about enjoying the cookies, not having a guilt trip, and getting back on track tomorrow!
  • dvusk
    dvusk Posts: 21
    Options
    The easiest way to deal with a craving is to give in to it just enough to take your mind off of it.

Sure! Eat that cookie! But just ONE cookie. Or half of one. Whatever it takes for your body to say, "Aaaah! Thank you!" Then you're done.
  • Just_Bethy
    Just_Bethy Posts: 272
    Options
    I'd buy THAT!
  • ChrisMarie1416452
    ChrisMarie1416452 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I had the same problem today with sweets. Tomorrow is a brand new day, that's what I'm telling myself. Keep up the good work. :-)
  • lajuice24
    lajuice24 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    there is nothing wrong with cookies/sweets, in moderation.

I agree! Dont beat yourself up, it happend to all of us
  • michelegrayson
    Options
    Yes, sometimes those dang cookies can control me so I keep them as far away as I can. Unfortunately, with a cookie monster as a boyfriend, this is not always possible and in that case I put it into my daily plan and work around it!
  • lesbrown05
    Options
    Just do a little exercise to work them off!
  • ChrisMarie1416452
    ChrisMarie1416452 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I love the cookie t-shirt idea. :bigsmile:
  • Balishdear
    Balishdear Posts: 60
    Options
    You know, a butterfinger called today and I answered very quickly. Bad bad bad!
  • dvusk
    dvusk Posts: 21
    Options
    Mmm... if a butterfinger called me, I'd answer real quick, too!