Food/Health Documentaries - Which are your faves?

Options
jcrossle713
jcrossle713 Posts: 18 Member
Hey all, I'm a huge fan of just about any documentary. I even love the super out-there conspiracy theory docs. With that being said, what are your favorite documentaries about health/food? I'm talkin' Super Size Me (I love anything by Morgan Spurlock), Vegucated, Fat, Sick, & Nearly Dead (1 and 2), Food Inc., King Corn, Sugar Coated, Forks Over Knives, Cowspiracy, etc.

I'm looking for opinions on your favorite AND recommendations for new ones for me to enjoy B)

Any other super nerds out there who just LOVE documentaries?

Replies

• cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    I think you need to take all of those with a huge grain of salt. Most of these really aren't truly documentaries as a true documentary doesn't have an agenda...most of these have an agenda and they fudge facts.
  • melmelw03
    melmelw03 Posts: 5,332 Member
    Options
    Food Matters
    Hungry for Change
    GMO OMG
    Fed Up
    Bite Size
    Farmageddon
    The Mind of a Chef
    Tapped
    More Than Honey

I'm a doc geek. Yes some of these have an agenda, but they are still interesting.
  • jcrossle713
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    I think you need to take all of those with a huge grain of salt. Most of these really aren't truly documentaries as a true documentary doesn't have an agenda...most of these have an agenda and they fudge facts.

Of course. There is propaganda and an agenda behind most everything. I still find them highly entertaining to watch. Plus, I would say a lot of them still have factual content even if they do warp it to fit their agenda. They can still be informative.

I know there is a lot of controversy behind Super Size Me and Cowspiracy. Cowspiracy is a fearmongerer's dream lol. But I like them nonetheless :)

Are there any of them that you enjoy?
  • jcrossle713
    Options
    melmelw03 wrote: »
    Food Matters
    Hungry for Change
    GMO OMG
    Fed Up
    Bite Size
    Farmageddon
    The Mind of a Chef
    Tapped
    More Than Honey

I'm a doc geek. Yes some of these have an agenda, but they are still interesting.

Ooh! I've seen Tapped. I really enjoyed it, if I remember correctly. There was another one very similar to it I watched immediately after and I confuse the two. One focused on the actual bottled water industry and the other focused on the unrecycled plastic refuse that comes from bottled water. I love environmental docs as well.

Fed Up has been on my Netflix queue for ages, I'll have to actually watch it. GMO OMG has been recommended to me repeatedly, I'll have to check that one out too.

Thanks!