Need to loose 10 -20 lbs - Quick

Options
budholy
budholy Posts: 5 Member
I'm looking for motivation to loose weight. I am fairly fit but seems to be slowing down lately. Must be aging:) Any suggestions???

Replies

• ashringg
    ashringg Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    A cleanse or fast can surprise your body.
  • jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    ashringg wrote: »
    WRRRRRRRRRRRRRONG

Chop off an arm, quickest way.
  • budholy
    Options
    ashringg, don't be stupid!! If you have nothing good to post, please don't!
  • kaylajane11
    kaylajane11 Posts: 313 Member
    Options

NO.

OP, calorie counting is the surest way to go. Weigh all solids on a food scale and measure liquids with measuring cups and spoons.

"Quick" is not a good way to look at weight loss. Do you want to lose it fast and (likely) gain it back right after, or lose slowly and sustainably with a lifestyle you can maintain? If you only have 10-20 pounds to lose, 0.5-1 pound a week is a good rate of loss. The time will pass anyway; slow and steady wins the race.
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    budholy wrote: »

Well, it's been a year since your first post. How is your weight loss going?
  • sanfromny
    sanfromny Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    Besides your profile stating that you are a 50 yr old woman, just not enough information is. height, weight, goals..You just said you need to lose weight quick. My best advice...follow the process. The surest way to lose is to create a deficit. If you have already use scooby to know your numbers so your deficit is accurate and you will lose!

http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/

• emdeesea
    emdeesea Posts: 1,823 Member
    Options
    Why, what's the hurry? There's literally no reason why anyone needs to lose weight ultra quick.

And besides it's not possible. Weight loss is ridiculously slow. There's no way around that.
  • MissusMoon
    MissusMoon Posts: 1,900 Member
    Options

No. Wrong. Woo.
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1159755/looking-for-a-detox-cleanse/p1
  • MissusMoon
    MissusMoon Posts: 1,900 Member
    Options

Here is something useful. Don't buy into the cleanse/detox woo:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1159755/looking-for-a-detox-cleanse/p1
  • kmoser83
    kmoser83 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    sanfromny wrote: »
    Besides your profile stating that you are a 50 yr old woman, just not enough information is. height, weight, goals..You just said you need to lose weight quick. My best advice...follow the process. The surest way to lose is to create a deficit. If you have already use scooby to know your numbers so your deficit is accurate and you will lose!

http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/

Thanks for the link :)
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    auddii wrote: »

Well, it's been a year since your first post. How is your weight loss going?

LOL. I think this might be the first time I've seen an OP reanimate a zombie thread.
  • budholy
    Options
    Ok all, some of you are correct, I did drop off the face of the earth. Loosing a loved one is never easy and loosing two loved ones within a month, well, I don't think I need to say more. In any event, I did loose the weight and this is how I did it;
    - started off with a cleanse; yes, I lost 4 lbs very quickly
    - I then went on the new and improved south beach diet; I didn't follow it to the T but I picked up some tips and used it wisely
    - Finally, I went clean; no dairy, no sugar, no fruits, no carbs except veggies
    - I trained hard with heavy weights; 1 day/ week personal trainer, 2 days weight training on my own - not as heavy as I do with my trainer but quite heavy and 2 days of cardio; spinning an aerobics training

I can tell you that right now, I'm just maintaining and eating everything in moderation.

Thanks everyone for your suggestions, comments and motivation.
  • budholy
    Options
    Hi All, check out my success story - I am now 131 lbs, 25.5in waist down from 28-29, body fat down to 19% and have definition on my arms and awesome abs. More details on my work out and diet in Success stories!!