Changing Scales

Options
So we're all in agreement that its best to keep using the same scale. Up until now I've been using the scale at the school gym; however, the 7th is the last day of class. So I've bought myself a new scale, and am curious: What do you think is the best way to transition between the two?
Just switch cold turkey on the 8th?
Weight on both scales and average the weights given until I switch completely?
Switch now and get over it (except that I'm 3 weeks into a challenge..)?

Replies

• lcsbishop
    lcsbishop Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I've got a new scale on it's way and should arrive Thursday. I'm switching over cold turkey. Just get it over with good or bad :)
  • LolasEpicJourney
    LolasEpicJourney Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    weigh at the school gym - then with yours ASAP afterwards - see what the difference is. then adjust accordingly. like if the school weighs 3lbs heavier than the one at home - i would just say you are 3lbs less. if you catch my drift
  • cathedralite22
    Options
    Nothing to add about your post ......just wanted to say that I love your banner picture!!
  • NightOwl1
    NightOwl1 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    Definitely weight on both at the same time so you can see the difference. It's almost certain your home scale won't weigh you the same as your school scale. Find out what the difference is, then adjust your starting weight based on the difference. For example, if you're 3 pounds lighter at the home scale, change your starting weight to 3 pounds lighter. If you're 3 pounds heavier on the home scale, change your starting weight to 3 pounds heavier. This way your progress (pounds lost) is still the same. That's the most important measurement of all, not the number of the scale.