Do you weigh every day...and if you do

Options
2»

Replies

• LeslieB042812
    LeslieB042812 Posts: 1,799 Member
    Options
    I weigh daily and enter my weight into Happy Scale, which provides a running average. Then, I enter that average weight into MFP. I like this method because it really allows me to see if I'm trending up or down over time and it also accounts for the daily fluctuations (I can fluctuate by several pounds day to day depending on a number of factors).
  • one1fast68
    one1fast68 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I weigh twice a day, once in the morning, once at night before I go to bed and only log my losses on MFP. On another site, I have started logging my fluctuations because I am getting close to my goal weight.
  • 257_Lag
    257_Lag Posts: 1,249 Member
    Options
    I weigh daily and log into an app to see the treand. I use Libra. I only log new LOW weights into MFP.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    Yes. I weigh every day and promptly enter it in MFP. The Reports function shows me a nice chart that, well, if anyone had sold a put on my initial weight, they'd be dancing happy.
  • CrossfitOCRunner
    CrossfitOCRunner Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I weigh daily, first thing, naked, same place every day. I track weekly. I don't care about the fluctuations and focus on my trajectory. there are apps online that smooth out the fluctuations for you if you want to track frequently and not go crazy.
  • ObsidianMist
    ObsidianMist Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    I weight myself every morning but I only log it on here when I get down to a weight previously not reached. so whenever I've lost a pound.
  • bluestarlight19
    bluestarlight19 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I weight sporadically through-out the week and enter it into MFP because then it goes to fitbit then trendweight since I don't have a wifi scale. I have been losing weight slowly so I started using trend weight to make sure I was still on the right track. I always weight only in the mornings, same time to try to get a similar gauge on where I am. I don't get emotionally attached to the individual numbers because it can vary a lot depending on TOM, salt intake, sugar intake, exercise, not feeling well, etc.
  • junodog1
    junodog1 Posts: 4,792 Member
    Options
    Weigh every day, naked, first thing in the morning.
    Enter it and when I need a reminder that I am doing well I look at my weight chart in the reports. It shows the trend.
  • Amanuebel
    Amanuebel Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I weigh daily to keep myself accountable and it sets the tone for healthy eating and fitness.
  • Oishii
    Oishii Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    Weigh daily but look at the weekly, monthly or 'since starting weight' graphs. I'm aiming to lose very slowly (1kg a month) so I have to expect a bumpy ride!
  • freyjabibby
    freyjabibby Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Weigh every morning and log it to MFP whether it's up or down. The daily weigh-ins help keep me on track, even when I'm going way off track. It's the same way that I log my food whether it's a healthy salad or a huge pizza followed by 2 bags of haribo. I need the routine, if I take a break even for a day or two I'm likely to give up completely.
    I do also have an excel spreadsheet set up which tracks the weight and does a 7-day rolling average. I've got a plot of the daily weight, the rolling average and a linear trendline to prove that I'm still going in the right direction overall and give a vague indication of when I'm likely to reach my goal weight.
    I do love a spreadsheet.
    Way more sporadic with the measurements, if I'm losing weight I can measure a couple of times a week, if I've gained a bit then it can be a month in between measurements.
  • mom23nuts
    mom23nuts Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    Nope, my scale is in my clothes closet on a hard floor. Seems to have a lot of fluctuations today though. I even face the same way each weigh in to be consistent!
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    I weigh daily, ONE TIME per day, in the same spot, wearing the same thing. I update in MFP for each new low. I track daily in happy scale to see the trends and overall fluctuation.
  • InfoomaousTete
    InfoomaousTete Posts: 1,383 Member
    Options
    I weigh every morning after I pee but before I dress, but I only log my lowest weight for the week.
  • cgvet37
    cgvet37 Posts: 1,189 Member
    Options
    In the beginning I weighed and logged every day. Now I do so once a week. Occasionally I will weigh myself the next day, just to see how certain food affects water retention.
  • rankinsect
    rankinsect Posts: 2,238 Member
    Options
    Weigh daily, log it daily. I don't care about fluctuations or who can see them, and I like having data to play with.

It is a bit weird when people congratulate me on the third time I've lost a particular pound, but them's the breaks. I see no need to change up what I'm doing.