Needed to lose weight first, now im quitting smoking

Options
jenspears31
jenspears31 Posts: 51 Member
edited May 2016 in Motivation and Support
I've been on my weight-loss journey for 2 yrs and I lost 110lbs so far have 20 more to go. Today I decided it was time to lose another of vice....cigarettes. My husband and I quit today together we are doing the patch. I am in need of support from others who have been in the same situation.

Replies

• sparklyglitterbomb
    sparklyglitterbomb Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    I quit my pack-a-day habit 14 or so years ago and it was the BEST thing ever. I didn't use the patch, so can't give any feedback on that.. but as for the benefits - they far outweigh not kicking the habit (not to mention the monetary savings! When I quit they were like $2.50 a pack...I can't imagine affording it now.)

Best of success to you both!
  • Panda_brat
    Panda_brat Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    I have been off the cancer sticks for just over 2 years, and down about 160 Lbs.
  • evolutionaerie
    evolutionaerie Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I quit in December and haven't looked back - now I have the weight to lose. But I can definitely offer support! Added you. :)
  • elizabethymartin
    elizabethymartin Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    You can do it!! I just did a year and a half ago. In order to do that I had to also go off some medication that had side effects of a speedy metabolism and made me crave smoking. Needless to say I gained at least 35 lbs (don't get discouraged it was def not just the smokes!!) I'm down 18. Add me if you'd like some support!
  • AliciaBerries
    AliciaBerries Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Never realized I could actually enjoy exercise until after I quit. It is hands down the best decision I ever made. Over two years now and the smell of smoke, even the thought of lighting up repulses me. The first few weeks are rough but then it just gets easier and easier. You can do it!