Fitbit charge HR or alta? :)

Options
2»

Replies

• ynah12795
    ynah12795 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    @kdjp15 i'm glad everything goes well for you. I hope the same goes with me :)
  • ynah12795
    Options
    How about syncing it with the fitbit app? Is it hassle-free? And is it compatible with mfp? :)
  • ynah12795
    Options
    How about syncing the charge HR with the fitbit app? Is it hassle-free? It's also compatible with mfp, right? :)@SexyGamerGal
  • ChxSurf782
    ChxSurf782 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Charge HR is great as a no-fuss, functional tracker. Having the HR functionality is critical if you want a truly accurate (or at least close-to-accurate) count of caloric expenditure for exercise. Counting steps is great as a leading indicator of activity, but can/will be wildly inaccurate for caloric expenditure estimates from person to person.

Pairing with Charge HR is a breeze via Bluetooth to your phone. Also can auto-sync with MFP if you allow it.
  • BruinsGal_91
    BruinsGal_91 Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    I have the One, but if I was going to upgrade, I'd pick the Charge. I think the Alta looks really good, but it doesn't count floors, and I happen to like that particular function.

Compatibility with MFP works like a dream as does syncing to the iPhone.
  • AigreDoux
    AigreDoux Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    I have the Charge HR and just purchased the Alta for my mom for mother's day. I bought my Charge HR before the Alta was out, otherwise I may have gotten it instead. I like the HR data, but I don't find it that useful. I sometimes run intervals based on HR (i.e. run fast until you hit 160, then rest til you hit 120, repeat) and I had to buy a chest strap to do that effectively. Was too hard to do trying to look at my wrist.

I like the look of the Alta a lot better than the Charge HR. Doing it again, I may have bought the Alta and a separate chest strap based HRM to use on runs specifically. Data is cool, but I'm not sure what benefit I get from knowing my HR sitting here at my desk, KWIM?
  • caammph
    caammph Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I have the Alta and I love it. No HRM, but I'm not too concerned with that. It also doesn't track "flights climbed" or altitude change, so there's that as well. I love the reminder to move (that's very necessary for me) and I love that I can set it to get text and call notifications. It's slim and discrete as well.
  • SexyGamerGal
    SexyGamerGal Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    ynah12795 wrote: »
    How about syncing the charge HR with the fitbit app? Is it hassle-free? It's also compatible with mfp, right? :)@SexyGamerGal

@ynah12795 it is simple once you set it up it automatically syncs throughout the day or you can force it to sync when you want. You can only sync it to once device at a time. It comes with a USB to be able to sync it your computer too. Although i do not us the usb. Once it is synced you can set silent alarms and call notifications to your fitbit but you have sync after you set them. Honestly really easy.

I have mine set up with mfp. It updates mfp and mfp updates it. So you don't got to enter twice. It automatically caculates and add calories to ur daily calories so u don't have to add ur exercise if u don't want to. I know some people still prefer to enter though.
  • ynah12795
    Options
    Thanks for all the replies! I appreciate it :)
    @SexyGamerGal @AigreDoux @caammph @BruinsGal_91 @ChxSurf782
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 2 with my Alta and so far so good. It does give me less steps than my zip (I'm wearing them both at the same time ). But I'm happy with that, as I'm pretty certain the zip overestimated, going by weight loss..
    Plus I'd rather have a tracker that underestimates rather than over.