introducing myself

Options
Happy Monday!
i have been a "lurker" and today I thought I would take a deep breathe and introduce myself. I have been attempting to loose weight by myself and realize I need help. So today, I am giving it my all! The first step is to say Hello, and ask for help from fellow MFP. I am sure you have many tips you can share that would be helpful.

My first question is: should I blog? Do you do this daily or weekly?
Second question: I see people asking for someone to be accountable to. What does this mean? What does that involve?
Third question: How often do you go online to post? what sort of things do you post?
Fourth question: I have been logging my food intake at the end of the day, should i do it after i eat each meal?

I have 99 pounds to loose--i alot! that is 9 sack of 10 pounds of potatos to loose and then some, and i'd like to see the scale to move. I would count myself blessed with any advice you share.

Thank you,
MSTGIRL.

Replies

• stephierue
    stephierue Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Welcome. I do not blog. I recommend logging calories immediately after you eat them. Alot of people do it before so they only eat what they log. Being accountable just means you want your friends to comment or encourage you if they see you're eating unhealthy foods, too much, not logging everyday, etc. Someone viewing your diary or calories, helps keep you "in line" as we're all trying to accomplish the same thing here. I post whenever I have time, a few times every week. I find the more time I spend on this site, the more I am encouraged. Make some friends, don't be shy & give & get encouragement. You'll succeed. Feel free to add me as a friend.
  • cafeteriagirl
    cafeteriagirl Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    hello and welcome to mfp. i dont usually blog either. i make sure to log in my exercise and calories and try my best to not eat my extra calories earned. Good Luck on your achievements. You can gladly add me as a friend too:)
  • skinnymeinaz
    skinnymeinaz Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Happy Tuesday. Ok to answer your questions.
    1) Blogging is a person decision. I have done this once a month but I have only been on here about 2 months. I know pals that blog more.
    2) Accountable is a pal that says hey what are you doing? or why haven't you been on here?? It involves caring.
    3) I post when I have a question or to share something. Sometimes 3 or more times a week....sometimes 0. I post questions, comments, feelings, recipes, and quotes.
    4) I personally don't think it matters as long as you log it but logging after each meal allows you to plan your next meal (check your calories left).
    Btw...Welcome to MFP!
  • mstgirl
    mstgirl Posts: 13
    Options
    thank you EVERYONE who responded so quickly for answering my questions and for letting me know that even thought today was so crappy at work, it really is TUESDAY, not MONDAY!!! :embarassed:
  • veronicastelo
    Options
    Welcome!!! First i'd like to say that this is a fantastic site.
    I don't blog, I can easily do my own head in when I over analyse what i'm doing but I know for some people blogging works in their favour. I always log in my food and exercise calories usually at the end of the day but I think it's best to do so after your meals so that you don't miss anything.
    In terms of accountability, I totally agree with stephierue, it's great to have someone check up on you and offer support when your having a bad few days.
    Feel free to add me as a friend.
    Good luck