What to see be with a cup of tea to visitors?

Options
kazr11
kazr11 Posts: 30 Member
I regularly have family round for a cup of tea and its standard that they get a cake or chocolate biscuit. The temptation to have one is sometimes too much especially with the added peer pressure!

Any suggestions for a healthier option that I can join in with?

Thanks

K

Replies

• NaturalNancy
    NaturalNancy Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    Can you have a few options, some of them healthy? And others that you don't care to eat?
    Then you could eat the healthy one and not be tempted as much by the other?
  • fitdaisygrrl
    fitdaisygrrl Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    What about some biscuits that you know the calorie count of (ie: 2 for 120 cals). Have them on the plate and take two for yourself and track it later? That way you still have the social aspect and can have a treat too, but it's portion controlled :)
  • chocolate_owl
    chocolate_owl Posts: 1,695 Member
    Options
    The link below has a quite a few healthy small bites. Some will be better with tea than others.

http://www.exquisiteweddingsmagazine.com/2012/05/cuisine-yummy-appetizers/

And you can always do a light version of cucumber sandwiches - pick lower-cal bread, fat free cream cheese that you use sparingly, and go heavier on the cucumber.
  • jlemoore
    jlemoore Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    Can you have serve apples or some other fruit or perhaps some veggies with a dip? or does "tea" mean a sweet baked good?

If you are wanting to try some healthier alternatives (still sweet) Chocolatecoveredkatie.com has some excellent recipes. But keep in mind, they may not be the lowest in calories.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    If I'm going to have people over, I leave some room for a couple treats. But I'd serve some cut fruit or raw veggies with dip probably too (and have some without the dip).
  • kazr11
    kazr11 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Thank you for your help. Some great suggestions! X
  • ASKyle
    ASKyle Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    Tell them to BYOB!
  • Amyforfitnessmodel
    Amyforfitnessmodel Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    look up the recipe: flourless chocolate brownie muffins. the recipe is from beach body, they still have carbs but they have good nutritional value. also don't be scars of the ingredients you see. they are sooooo great!