Bike Riding (Mountain Bike)

Options
Need a little help... I took my Mountain bike for a quick 3 mile ride today... FELT AWESOME!!! I need to track my exercise for it but not sure which I should choose. I bought a speedometer that tracks my speed, average speed, calories, etc. (Love it!) The route was hills (out and back). My average speed was 9.2 mph and it shown I only burn 67.3 calories but I think I burnt more than that because some of the hills are 'killers'... Should I just put it in as Bicycling >10 MPH and the calories it comes up or should I put it in as what my speedometer says (which I think is low)? But I don't want to 'cheat' myself and say I burnt more than I may have... Any input would be very helpful!! Thanks and hope you all are having a great weekend!! :)

Carla

Replies

• MikeInAZ
    MikeInAZ Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    Get a Heart Rate Monitor. I got a Polar FT7. Although now Polar makes a few models which are BlueTooth. I'd get one of those, they are compatible with a number of Android and iPhone apps.
  • Bentrain
    Bentrain Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    HRM is the way to go.
  • chadtheman11b
    Options
    i have a droid based phone and i use endomondo it is free on the market it is awsome my favorit app use it every day it is compatibal with a hrm chest strap gps based
  • Flyntiggr
    Flyntiggr Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    I wear a HRM when I ride, but if you don't have one, there is a category here along the lines of cycling, bmx, mountain biking. Use that.
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    There's a "mountain biking" entry in the database. Told me 1200 calories for 2 hours.